This is a unique role working with a talented and growing team in Galway. The ideal candidate is someone who enjoys working on multiple related and co-dependent projects. They are able to apply their strong project management skills to the varying needs of multiple stakeholders, customers, products and timelines. The ideal candidate is an exceptional communicator, enjoys problem solving with real-time constraints, is able to take initiative and is comfortable working across departments and business functions to achieve project and team goals.
- Possesses and applies a thorough understanding of engineering project management concepts, practices, and methods and demonstrates the ability to use them.
- Works independently with minimal day-to-day supervision and is able to identify key-factors required to balance and prioritize multiple, often-conflicting, resource demands to meet agreed milestones and deadlines.
- Enjoys working with a range of stakeholders and is able to communicate detailed information clearly and at the right level.
- Is driven by customer satisfaction and strives for high-quality standards in all aspects of their work.
- Adapts quickly to change and successfully utilizes new technologies.
- Supports engineering managers to create a supportive and open environment to ensure productive development culture.
- Emphasizes on innovation, teamwork, communication, organization, planning, problem solving, decision making and mentoring skills.
- Expected to consider overall department and company needs as part of project planning.
- Can digest and understand complex and domain-specific technical detail.
- Translate customer and product requirements into a well-organized and prioritized work breakdown structure
- Facilitate scoping of new work to provide estimation requests to stakeholders.
- Commit to and manage a clear project roadmap.
- Facilitate regular team meetings according to the needs of relevant development methodologies in each team..
- Provide weekly project status and summary reports.
- Maintain and manage change control, risks, and project issues lists. Balance creative and process-driven problem-solving techniques to ensure risks are mitigated and deadlines are met.
- Own blockers and determines their most efficient resolution.
- Host regular product showcases to demonstrate value to internal stakeholders.
- Coordinate activities across cross-functional teams to identify and track dependencies.
- Collect and report on metrics to identify process development opportunities and build strategies for process improvement
- Create templates and documents to facilitate the collecting and sharing of information
- Drive quality assurance activities to ensure a high quality of software development.
- Participate in efforts to continuously improve the software delivery process.
- Train and/or mentor other team members on processes and best practices.
Knowledge & Skills:
- A demonstrable understanding of audio systems architecture across one or more platforms.
- Experience with different software development lifecycle methods including Agile, Scrum, Kanban, Unified Process, and/or waterfall.
- Has participated in all phases of the software development lifecycle methodology, having delivered two or more new solutions end-to-end including requirements, design, development, documentation, testing, release, and operational support.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, Jira, Jenkins, etc.
- Experience with the Atlassian suite of tools (i.e. JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket) preferred.
- Experience with process maturity models (e.g. PMI, BSIMM, Six Sigma, CMMi) desired
Education and/or Experience:
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science or equivalent field of study required (or equivalent work experience). Master Degree preferred.
- Minimum 2 years' experience managing software engineering projects. Minimum 5 years working in computer software engineering.
- Certified Scrum Master.
- Excellent understanding of other agile and non-agile software project methodologies.
- PMI certification preferred.
- Other Skills and Abilities:
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.