Technical Sales Engineer
Job ID: JOB-11843
Technical Sales Engineer
VP of Sales in the US with a dotted Line to the Managing Director in Ireland. Function: This role will be a primary stakeholder in driving increased orders and profitability. They will be primarily focused on selling for the client’s Ireland facility but may, from time to time, be involved with projects for other Business Units. They will generate an order volume that aligns with the company’s strategy of providing an engineered product into the mobile industrial solenoid and general industrial markets, with potential for selling into heavy duty truck, off highway/construction or marine/genset markets. This role will work closely with technical teams in Ireland and the United States.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop plans to grow international business by supporting Global operations. Plan to include goals/actions to achieve profitable growth, transactional cost improvements, improved sales capability, customer inventory management and enhanced working capital performance.
- Coordinate global customer pricing versus market to recommend best approach for long term success.
- Directly support assigned customer base globally to meet/exceed annual sales objectives.
- Lead long-term planning on customer forecasting, and contribute to the overall business strategy.
- Work closely with product managers and engineering to support/develop new business worldwide.
- Work with a cross-functional group including engineers, manufacturing, sales, purchasing and product management personnel to carry out project requirements in line with new product development processes and systems.
- Coordinate the involvement of company personnel, including support, service, and management resources, in order to meet account performance objectives and customer expectations.
- For accounts with supporting role, manage and measure progress on territory/market segment with other Sales Managers. Create summary regional/global document(s) for proactive management.
- Prepare necessary regional/global strategy and business plans between company and assigned accounts.
- Implement/Review/Revise price band strategies for Mobile Industrial Solenoids (MIS) product offering.
- Supporting role in negotiating and securing Long Term Agreements (LTA’s) for elevated success with customers globally.
- Collect market/competitive benchmark data and regularly review with management team(s)
- Attend and support global tradeshow schedule.
- Act as stakeholder for strategic accounts driving process improvements and higher levels of customer affinity.
- Ensure company management are fully briefed on any relevant account information.
- Manage interaction between functional/department leaders and global accounts.
- Provide forecasts for all key accounts including inputs from International operations.
- Ensure communications are in line with the company’s overall strategy.
- Develop relationships within existing customer accounts and new and potential customers to establish new sales leads.
- Prepare required sales documentation (e.g., trip reports, proposals/quotations).
- Document and report monthly/quarterly/annual sales performance KPIs.
- Rigorously prioritize and follow up on all qualified sales leads and energetically prospect for new business opportunities.
- Work closely with potential customers at all levels to understand user requirements, and management business issues and goals.
- Organize and plan own travel/meetings as required to meet customer expectations.
- Be flexible to react to meet the needs of the customers and business interests and carry out cross functional tasks as required.
- Other duties as required.
- Ability to analyse, understand and effectively communicate technical material.
- Be a positive, engaging and active team member.
- Improve and apply knowledge and skills of products, applications, & manufacturing processes to facilitate learning and growth among self and fellow team members.
- Be highly organized in managing workload and reporting on work activity and projects.
- Promote and actively engage in an environment of compliance, continuous improvement, responsiveness to change and innovation within the company.
Skills and Abilities:
- Communication skills – must be able to present complex technical data, both orally and in writing, in concise terms.
- Strong Negotiator
- Shows leadership qualities
Qualifications & Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience in a relevant area ex Medical, Automotive, Oil & Gas.
- Fluent in Italian is strongly preferred.
- Strong strategy development and program management experience and the ability to influence the direction and output of multiple cross disciplinary teams
- Candidates with additional language of German / French will be given preference
- Travel will be a requirements of this role to ~50-70% of overall time
- A proven track record of building relationships internally and externally
- Experience managing a regional or global customer with marketing skill sets
- A track record of consistently delivering against financial and business objectives
- Demonstrated understanding of the interaction of marketing, finance, operations, logistics and customer relations at every level of the organization
- Must have five plus years’ experience of technical OEM sales
- Direct sales experience also an advantage
- Sales Planning/Forecasting experience also an advantage.
For further information on this role please contact Tommy McKeown on 086 0100903 / email@example.com Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/ Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-11974 IT Systems Administrator My pharma client based in County Galway are looking to hire an…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-11973 Regulatory Affairs Specialist Permanent Job Purpose: As a Regulatory Affairs Specialist, you will be a…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-11861 Staff Lean/Continuous Improvement Engineer Our client, is recruiting for a Staff Lean/Continuous Improvement Engineer to…