Our client, a medical device company in Galway is currently looking to recruit an Technical Sales Manager for their site. Reports To: Sr Director, Application Engineering. If you come from an senior engineering background and would like to move in to a sales role, this may be the opportunity for you.
Leads technical sales activities in assigned product growth segments by leveraging extensive technical knowledge of the companies capabilities across the product continuum. Responsible for understanding the clinical needs and competitive landscape for assigned product segments within our growth markets and customers. Focused on securing and managing new business opportunities for design and contract manufacturing through the sales process to closure. Directs the generation of compelling technical execution strategies, value propositions and business cases for our customers, in order to grow the companies profitable revenue.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
Adheres to Values and all safety, environmental, security and quality requirements including, but not limited to: Quality Management Systems (QMS), Safety, Environmental and Security Management Systems, U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, company policies and operating procedures, and other regulatory requirements.
New Opportunity Identification & Qualification Ownership
- Proactively identifies and scopes new business opportunities within assigned product segment, in coordination with Account Teams and Product Growth Teams, with active involvement in customers’ R&D, product development, and operations teams.
- Owns and manages assigned new business opportunities through the various stages of the sales cycle as the primary technical contact for the customer relationship.
- Initiates New Business Opportunity review process and defines the business rationale for pursuing new business opportunities. Works with the Global Account and Quoting Teams to develop business cases and presents to management to gain consensus and approval to proceed.
- Works with customers' technical/engineering teams to understand and clarify technical requirements and specifications and translate into actionable company activities. Working with technology experts, effectively filters opportunities to identify appropriate business and screen out inappropriate opportunities.
- Recommends pricing approach utilizing market-based pricing and price validation methodology to ensure appropriate profitability
Technical Sales Leadership
- Provides technical leadership across the product continuum for sales activities within assigned product segment.
- Prepares and delivers proposals in partnership with sales and operations team members. Proposal will include pricing and manufacturing strategies as well as capital and NRE requirements.
- Proactively promotes and sells existing products, services and capabilities through the development of solid relationships with key R&D, product marketing, and executive level contacts at existing and prospective customer companies.
- Works directly with customers on VIP programs to identify and provide solutions to their supply chain management challenges, including design for manufacturability requirements.
- Responsible for technical and NPD customer satisfaction.
Customer Program Management Leadership
- Leads pre-sale program management activities for new business opportunities within assigned product segment.
- Develops high level statements of work (SoW) including timelines, resource requirements, and cost estimates to provide the framework for program execution and eventual transition to post-sale execution teams.
- Represents the organization as the primary technical contact on projects, interacts with external technical teams on significant technical matters and opportunities, often requiring coordination between organizations. May serve as the organization spokesperson on advanced opportunities and/or programs.
- Supports contract review of final agreements, (PO, Supply Agreement, quality requirements, etc) prior to program execution, for any changes in product or project scope or cost.
Customer Account Planning Support
- Works with the Global Account teams to understand the full scope of customers’ business and aligns activities with strategic account plans.
- Actively participate in annual AOP planning; provides input and forecasts on both active customer programs and potential new business.
- Communicates effectively across all customer concerns and obtains additional assistance support when required.
Strategic Market Segment Development Support
- Provides technical input to the Strategic Growth Teams for product needs within assigned product segment.
- Actively pursues qualified leads identified through targeted marketing campaigns.
- Assists in identifying technology trends and market dynamics.
- Identifies capability gaps within market segments and help to prioritize development of missing capabilities.
- Supports marketing efforts, as required, for example supporting trade shows
- Actively participates in the development of the Technology Roadmaps
- Complies with all work rules including those pertaining to safety, health and the company Quality System.
- Performs other duties as required.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree in a technical field. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum Experience: +10 years’ experience in a technical environment with a minimum 5 years in the medical device industry.
- Prefer to have experience selling to technical contacts at Medical Device Manufacturers.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Medical Device Product Development: Strong understanding of the practices and procedures operating under regulatory and quality requirements specific to the medical sector
- In depth knowledge of Product and/or Clinical applications in strategically aligned medical markets and targeted area of product responsibility required.
- Previous Program management experience preferred
- Experience working within medical device quality system and regulatory requirements (FDA GMP, ISO13485, 510k, PMA)
- Knowledge and/or experience related to manufacturing processes as they apply to the product segment
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to communicate business cases and technical information to customers and all levels of an organization
- Ability to manage multiple, significant activities and respond to changing priorities with minimum disruption
- Ability to provide technical leadership in discussions, conference calls and meetings with customers and staff as related to the job responsibilities.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret technical drawings, models and schematics and effectively communicate technical material
- Proficient computer skills, Outlook, Excel, Project, Word & PowerPoint. CAD & Design programs a plus.
- Other: Frequent travel required. Must be able to travel globally.
For further information on this Technical Sales Manager role in Galway please contact Vanessa Lynch on 086 0462367 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.