Telephone: 086 8395531
Technical Scientist – Senior
Our client, a medical device company in Cork are currently looking to recruit a Technical Scientist – Senior for their site.
Description of the Role:
- Leads early and late phase Technical Transfer activities through generation of protocols/reports, technical writing, execution of laboratory scale studies and participation in manufacturing operations and NPI initiatives.
- Leads early and late phase product development activities through generation of protocols/reports, execution of laboratory scale studies and participation in Lean Early Development initiatives as required.
- Leads “process fit to plant” during early and late stages of development to provide guidance to both development and manufacturing teams.
- Leads “man in plant” by providing support during manufacturing campaigns for new products or during process validation campaigns.
- Provides expertise to development teams on manufacturing facility design and capabilities, scale-up considerations and GMP operations.
- Partner with Project Teams to provide input, review and approval support for BLA submissions
Focus and Scope:
- Participate in and/ or Lead cross-functional project teams.
- Interpret project plans and timelines for CMC projects, and schedule work and experiments to meet these goals.
- Assist in manufacturing investigations as required, in particular event, deviations and CAPAs, to help meet product release specifications and timelines.
- Execute experimental plans and protocols to support product life-cycle improvements, process validation requirements, technical transfer projects and development activities as required.
- Foster a culture of Lean and Continuous improvement within the department and with internal and external partners
Critical Experiences Required:
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Biology, Pharmacy or related scientific field is required, advanced degree is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry.
- Biological process development or commercial manufacturing experience, either cell culture and/or purification.
- Excellent communication, skills, both oral and written.
- Capable of planning and executing experiments or projects steps with some supervision.
- Ability to work well in a team environment, strong collaboration skills and flexibility.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to adapt to rapid changes in project priorities and requirements.
- Collaboration and Teaming
- Integrity and Credo Based-actions
- Results and Performance Driven
For further information on this Technical Scientist – Senior role in Cork please contact Caroline Kingston on 0868395531 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval