Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Technical Support Associate for their site.
The Technical Support Centre is one of many Technical Support Centres that have been strategically placed around the globe. IT deals with complaints and enquiries from Company Affiliates (Commercial Organisations) and Distributors in Europe and Middle East.
Reporting to the Technical Support Team Lead and working as a member of the EME Customer Technical Support Team, this role will undertake to provide the highest levels of customer service in the support of the full range of products and 3rd party products. Duties will include supporting the Commercial Organisations with 1st level technical support for both the UK and ROI customers and Distributors. All members of the team will assist in meeting global & Irish targets described within the key performance indicators for individuals, the team and the company.
Responsibilities and Duties
- To provide first level support to our colleagues within EME in resolving customer complaints and improving our customers experience
- To be a central source for data regarding product performance that then is used by Marketing, Manufacturing, etc. to deliver increased customers loyalty
- To resolve customer issues in an efficient and timely manner and within agreed Service Level Agreements with our EME colleague
- To continually identify opportunities for process and system improvements that will reduce time and increase efficient resolution of customer complaints
- In order to gather accurate data on our customer’s experience SFDC (sales force.com) is the system that is used across EME & the globe.
- Maintain and grow personal knowledge and skills, technical and / or product knowledge.
- Develop and maintain areas of expertise in product specialisms required for role; sharing and expanding knowledge within the AIL Customer Services team
- The individual will have experience in working in a regulated environment and be capable of providing excellent customer support with challenging technical complaints.
- Experience in Trouble shooting/Technical query handling essential.
- The role is office based but a degree of flexibility is required. An open attitude is required to ensure that this can be controlled and remain non-onerous.
- Attend training courses as necessary.
- Communicate technical knowledge to both customers and colleagues as necessary.
- Provide written reports when requested and as necessary.
- Multi-lingual capability would be an advantage, but cultural sensitivity is a necessity.
- Ideally the individual would have scientific qualification with minimum 1-year experience.
- Flexibility to react to the changing business goals.
- Time management skills to manage personal workload as per the business requirements.
- Ability to take ownership, organise workload and change priorities quickly
- Able to communicate effectively with customers including a pleasant, polite and outgoing telephone manner.
- Possess initiative and integrity
- IT literacy; good general understanding of all the internal software packages: Outlook, Excel, Word, Concur, Workday, SAP, CRM package, WebEx,
- Truly customer focussed
- Confident but professional
- Articulate & verbally presentable
- Interactive & engaging
- Time management
- Dealing with ambiguity
Key Position Competencies
- Technical Learning
- Problem Solving
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Team commitment and co-operation essential
- Time Management
- Drive for Results
- Written Communications
- Team player, Customer Focus
- proficient in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
- good keyboarding and typing skills
- detail-oriented, a critical-thinker, experienced at investigating and resolving complex issues
- effectively collaborate with others
- communicate professionally
- work independently and on a team
- work effectively in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities
- Fluency in a second European language is a distinct advantage
For further information on this Technical Support Associate role in Galway please contact Dee Curley on 091 730022 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval