Our client, an IT company in Limerick are currently looking to recruit a Technical Team Lead / Solutions Architect for their site.
- Lead, inspire and motivate a small team of software engineers in the creation of high quality software within agreed project deadlines.
- Recognize high performance and reward accomplishments.
- Drive continuous improvement practices within your team, e.g. reviews and retrospectives.
- Work closely and listen to team members’ feedback to resolve any issues or conflicts.
- Actively promote an agile mind-set and a positive working environment for the team.
- Help maintain high standards of code quality within the team by establishing and mentoring around good development practices and habits.
- Drive and support the adoption of new technologies, tools and techniques within your team.
- Train and integrate new team members and proactively support the continued development of existing team members.
- Effectively manage team members in line with company policy, including performance, development, disciplinary and conflict resolution with effective feedback.
- Collaborate effectively with our business analysts and scrum masters to design, develop, test, and maintain our client’s web-based applications built on Microsoft technologies.
- Proven solution architecture, design, and implementation experience.
- Play a key role in providing realistic estimates of development effort to assist in team planning.
- Assist in the documentation of user requirements and hands-on development of critical user stories.
- Work with other technical leads to maintain a pragmatic set of code quality processes and drive adoption of same within your team.
- Assume a high level of ownership of all code developed by members of the team.
- Participate in and drive peer-reviews of solution designs and related code.
- Perform 3rd line support analysing and resolving technical engineering issues, as required.
- Research and evaluate software products as required.
- Participate in early-stage client meetings as the technical subject matter expert, providing technical and architectural input into initial project discussions.
- Experience in any of the following areas would be an advantage; Mobile, Augmented Reality (HoloLens), Virtual Reality, IoT, Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning, Data Analytics and Data Warehousing.
- Strong experience with object-oriented design and implementation techniques such as Test Driven development, Enterprise implementation patterns, SOLID principles.
- Comprehensive understanding of object-oriented and service-oriented application development techniques and theories.
- Experience with source control management systems and continuous integration/delivery environments.
- Extensive experience with debugging, performance profiling and application optimization.
- Experience with building and managing distributed web systems.
- Experience with agile development methodologies (Scrum, Kanban) and automated testing.
- Database design and implementation on both relational and non-relational platforms.
- Ability to motivate others to achieve goals and generate confidence whilst respecting and supporting colleagues and team members to reach their full potential.
- Ability to have a positive impact on others and communicate openly and directly to individuals or groups at all levels.
- Ability to solve complex problems and participate in continuous improvement practices.
- Demonstrates a proactive approach, getting things done, accountability & ownership, prioritises own workload.
- Previous experience leading a team of software engineers including performance, development and disciplinary issues would be a huge plus but not essential.
- Experience recruiting staff and building development teams would be great but not essential.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English as this will be a customer-facing role.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- Willingness to travel, if required.
For further information on this Technical Team Lead / Solutions Architect role in Limerick please contact Karl Lippett on 086 1070950 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.