Telephone: 087 2197421
IT Project Manager
Our client, a FinTech company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a IT Project Manager
For their site on a contract basis with a possible extension.
We are looking for a Technology Project Manager to be based at out office in Galway Ireland. The Technology Project Manager who has come from a Software Development/Coding background and has strong knowledge of managing .Net front end/back end integration projects through API's
You will manage diverse assigned IT projects in the group and working closely with the head of application development, development manager, QA manager & project delivery manager on delivering high quality, standardised Tax Free products to the market. This covers application development projects with straight through processing and where required integrations to POS & EPOS systems, as well as other innovative Tax Free applications working on various devices, using the latest technologies which are relevant to the business of Tax Free.
You will manage both internal and external development projects and implementation or rollout projects covering all from starting a project from scratch with managing requirements gathering until final launch
Key Result Areas
- Creating project plans, doing resource planning & holding a strong control on project deliverables, risks, obstacles and mitigate those until end of the project. This also involves prioritization of tasks, allocation of cross-departmental resources to those tasks and ensure this is done in co-ordination with business owners & other stakeholder. This involves the monitor and control of performance, cost, scope, schedule, quality and appropriate business measurements for all project activities.
- Responsibility for an up-to-date, standardized technical specification for the delivered projects. This is to ensure that all Tax Free related applications deliver consistent, quality information to back-end used for internal analysis and external reporting throughout the whole product portfolio.
- Communicate and manage change requests to relevant stakeholders, provide support throughout development and test of the final product.
- Ensure up to date status & communication of the on-going projects to stakeholders. This is to ensure transparency to stakeholders on progress of projects & estimated delivery times.
- Maintain register of actions, issues, risks and lessons learned and report on project progress & status on a weekly basis to Head of application development. Development manager, Project delivery manager & QA Manager.
- Be fully familiar and understand authority levels and ultimate accountability of this role for area and countries. Liaise regularly with Integration quality manager, head of application development and other relevant stakeholders to ensure full compliance as the levels are dynamic as the business grows.
- Participate in the Company's Performance Management System and ensure full compliance with all policies and procedures, reporting systems and Company Values at all times.
Knowledge & Experience
- Ability to take ownership of projects and deliver
- Proven track record of identifying and solving problems.
- Experience of managing projects in a matrix environment, across multiple locations.
- Experience working with Systems Integrations and dealing with multiple vendors.
- Must have had exposure to server side technologies, FTP, web services and databases in a general/high level and have the ability to understand general/high level the client/server model. This includes having a working knowledge of integrating either third party software or payment applications to modern EPOS Till systems would be an advantage
- Experience in agile development methodologies is an advantage.
- Bachelor's degree in IT and/or strong experience in application development environment.
- Ideally certified in Agile methodologies, Prince 2 Professional, Project Management Professional or equivalent.
- Proficient in spoken and written English
- Proficient in MS Office package (Excel, Word, Power Point, MS Project).
- Knowledge of Jira, Confluence & Innotas would be an advantage
- Ability to prepare reports and presentations to communicate effectively to the project sponsor, the wider company, partners and customers.
- Proven communication and Project Management skills and the ability to start, manage and deliver projects within tight deadlines.
- Good level of analytical problem solving skills to identify and diagnose problems and implement appropriate solutions.
- Proven organisational, planning and budgetary skills.
Leadership skills; Must show ability to lead an international team in a global IT environment.
Interpersonal Skills: Must display integrity, reliability and strong interpersonal skills.
Passion for detail: Must have proven ability to architect and drive through change in a fast growing company.
Solid team Player: To be able to work with diverse teams in many locations.
Outstanding Communication & presentation skills; Must be able to communicate with non IT specialists
Time Management; Must have proven time management skills and the ability to deliver to tight deadlines
Decision maker: Willing to take responsibility and able to make sound decisions in a fast growing global company
Travel: Must be available to travel throughout the European offices
For further information on this IT Project Manager role in Galway please contact Catriona Coogan on 087 2197421 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval