Our client, a manufacturing company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Test Engineer for their site.
The successful candidate will have responsibility for tests in our Calorimeter, Endurance and Trailer Bay facilities. This includes responsibility for data acquisition and management of the test data; Analysis of test results, correct and timely identification of problems, accurate re-porting of same and working as part of the wider engineering team to resolve. The successful candidate will have the ability to identify and continuously drive improvement opportunities in test facility, process and product.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Implementation and coordination of Unit/Component testing in R&D test facilities to an agreed test schedule.
- Analysis of test results and reporting of same to the Test Team and wider Engineering Team.
- Identify and drive ongoing development of the test facility and processes. This will include responsibility for facility, instrumentation & data acquisition system improvement and upgrade.
- Support product test for customers, intercompany departments and external test bodies including ATP, ISO etc
- Participate as a key member of the test engineering team of Test Engineers & Test Technicians.
- The role will also include some travel to support field testing and application investigation as required.
- A Degree in Mechanical Engineering (or similar),
- Previous experience in testing, controls and instrumentation an advantage. This experience may be at College/University level (post graduate research project involving instrumentation and test).
- Planning/Organizational Skills. Approach tasks in a logical systematic manner; capable of developing, running and coordinating test-engineering projects to schedule.
- Problem solving/Decision making skills. Capable of interpreting test data and developing and driving relevant corrective measures where necessary. Ability to identify and report on problems and their root causes.
- Communication/Interpersonal Skills. Ability to work as part of the test and multi-functional teams. Provide management with regular reports on test activities.
For further information on this role in Galway please contact Bimi Felix on 091730022 / firstname.lastname@example.org Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval