Telephone: 086 1070950
Our client, an IT company in Galway is currently looking to recruit an Test Engineer for their site.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Implementation and coordination of Unit/Component testing in R&D test facilities to an agreed test schedule.
- Analysis of test results and reporting of same to the Test Team and wider Engineering Team.
- Identify and drive ongoing development of the test facility and processes. This will include responsibility for facility, instrumentation & data acquisition system improvement and upgrade.
- Support product test for customers, intercompany departments and external test bodies including ATP, ISO etc
- Participate as a key member of the test engineering team of Test Engineers & Test Technicians.
- This includes responsibility for data acquisition and management of the test data; Analysis of test results, correct and timely identification of problems, accurate reporting of same and working as part of the wider engineering team to resolve.
- The successful candidate will have the ability to identify and continuously drive improvement opportunities in test facility, process and product.
Qualifications & Experience:
- A Degree in Mechanical Engineering (or similar),
- Previous experience in testing, controls and instrumentation an advantage.
- This experience may be at College/University level (post graduate research project involving instrumentation and test).
- The role will also include some travel to support field testing and application investigation as required.
- Planning/Organizational Skills.
- Approach tasks in a logical systematic manner; capable of developing, running and coordinating test-engineering projects to schedule.
- Problem solving/Decision making skills.
- Capable of interpreting test data and developing and driving relevant corrective measures where necessary. Ability to identify and report on problems and their root causes.
- Communication/Interpersonal Skills. Ability to work as part of the test and multi-functional teams. Provide management with regular reports on test activities.
- Travel: Must be open to travel to support field testing
For further information on this Test Engineer role in Galway please contact Karl on 086 1070950 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.