Telephone: 087 2197421
Test Engineer I
Our client, a medical device company in Tipperary are currently looking to recruit a Test Engineer I for their site.
Development, modification and control of functional and in-circuit test equipment during pre-production and production phases. Monitors performance of test equipment, and works to corrects test equipment or test software problems that produce non-conforming products, low yields or product quality issues. Interfaces with Design, Operation, Quality and Process Development organizations with a view towards integrating test processes for new products into the existing manufacturing area.
- Development, modification and control of functional and in-circuit test equipment during pre-production and production phases.
- Designing test fixtures for pacemakers, implantable cardiac defibrillators and various other medical devices.
- Writing test software, tools and specifications to test medical products and designs.
- Writing test specification, technical guides, validation protocols and reports and all supporting documentation to complete the overall equipment and software validation of the test system.
- Works on sustaining updates to existing test hardware / software with a view towards improving first / final pass yield or implementing support for new product variants.
- Understands test software principles, theories, concepts, practices and techniques. Develops knowledge in the field to become a recognized leader or authority in the area of test engineering and applies this knowledge in leadership roles in the company.
- Analyzes and solves software problems from basic engineering principles, theories and concepts through to a wide range of complex and advanced problems which require novel and new innovative approaches or a major breakthrough in technology.
- Incorporates business policies and procedures into task completion. Understands the business needs of the company, and has knowledge of the customer needs of our business. Understands the business cycle and foresight of emerging technologies trends.
- Cultivates internal and external network of resources to complete tasks. Serves has a resource in the selection orientation and training of new engineers and employees. May lead a project team, determining goals and objectives for the projects. Mentors employees by sharing technical expertise and providing feedback and guidance.
- Interacts cross functionally and with internal and external customers. Serves as a consultant for engineering or scientific interpretations and advice on significant matters. Acts as a spokesperson to customers on business unit current and future capabilities.
- Degree level qualification in Electronic Engineering or Computer Engineering or equivalent
- 2-4 years’ experience in a regulated Electronic Industry in a Test Engineering / Programming role in both Hardware and Software.
- LabVIEW, C/C++ programming knowledge an advantage.
- PCB design experience in OrCAD or Altium and advantage
For further information on this Test Engineer I role in Clonmel please contact Anne Marie on 087 2197421
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.