Contact: Aoife O Reilly
Test Laboratory Technician
Our client, a medical device company in Cork are currently looking to recruit a Test Laboratory Technician for their site.
Position Summary / Test Laboratory Technician
Develops inspection methods and instruments in order to test completed and developmental products and recommending and maintaining computer hardware/software for research and development. Designs and performs unique experiments, processes & evaluates test data and generates formal verbal and/or written reports on the findings to appropriate personnel.
- Provide support to R&D and Manufacturing Engineering on the development, prototype and verification testing of new and existing products.
- Develops and coordinates inspection and testing procedures for prototypes, components and products.
- Formulates test guidelines and procedures and may recommend revisions of specifications where necessary.
- Set up and perform routine to non-routine experiments of moderate scope which comply with FDA requirements and appropriate engineering standards.
- Will extract and process test data/findings into both formal written and verbal reports which comply with FDA requirements and appropriate engineering standards.
- Assists in designing, installing and maintaining process sampling systems, procedures, and statistical techniques, testing mechanisms, equipment and fixtures.
- Evaluates, recommends and maintains engineering related computer systems.
- Will be required to comply with documentation procedures and maintain test laboratory housekeeping standards to the highest level.
- Will coordinate with other units to ensure appropriate tests, equipment and results are obtained.
- Will submit periodic reports on assigned topics to appropriate personnel.
- Will coordinate with facilities and assist in the maintenance of test equipment and test lab fixtures and fittings.
- Providing guidance for assigned Co op/Intern/Technician Engineer.
- Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- Must have the ability to work with and assemble small objects and component parts.
- Ability to operate common office equipment (e.g. calculator, PC, telephone, etc.).
- Must have very good visual acuity and demonstrate fine motor skills.
- Must be able to observe and correct minute inconsistencies (e.g. in the printed word, product appearance, etc.).
- Must be able to generate and explain detailed schedules, performance and design objectives.
- Must be able to complete detailed documentation accurately.
- Must be able to analyze and correct complex testing and/or systems issues of a broad scope using independent judgment.
- Will submit periodic reports on assigned projects/topics.
- May interact, telephonically, with customers.
- Must be able to communicate well in both written and verbal.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to use small hand tools (e.g. pliers, screwdrivers, wrenches, hammer, etc.), power tools and test/inspection equipment.
- Advanced computer hardware/software skills.
- Demonstrated mechanical/electrical problem solving skills.
- Ability to read, understand and generate complex engineering drawings.
- 1-2 years related technical experience.
- Experience with PLC processor logic and programming languages.
- Certificate or Diploma in an Engineering discipline with relevant technician level work experience.
For further information on this Test Laboratory Technician role in please contact Aoife O Reilly on 091730022 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website ? www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval