Our client, a manufacturing company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Test Technician for their site in Galway
Work as a member of the Galway R&D Test Engineering team (reporting to Lead Test Engineer) with responsibility for setting up and running tests in our Calorimeter, Endurance and Trailer Bay facilities. This includes responsibility for the data acquisition instrumentation (including Pressure, Temperature and electrical measurements); recording and management of the test data and troubleshooting of units under test. This will also include some travel to support field testing of units as required.
- Execute and complete tests detailed by the Lead engineer/Test engineers to the required standard including mounting and instrumentation of unit for test.
- Collection of test data in agreed format and locating data in the test request directory.
- Participate as a key member of the test engineering team ? from time to time this will require some travel to support field testing.
- Collaborate with Engineering and other functions to evaluate unit performance for new and existing products and to address customer concerns.
- Technical expertise and work experience with instrumentation and data acquisition systems especially in a test environment.
- Experience and good understanding of electro-mechanical systems ? familiarity with working on/trouble-shooting DC & AC Motors, Generators & Inverters, and Engines & Drive trains.
- Aptitude for training and continued learning of new skills and systems
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office applications ? especially Excel to a high level
- Must be open to travel to support field testing
- Good communication & interpersonal skills ? working as part of the Test Engineering Team
For further information on this Test Technician role please contact Tracey Lenihan on 091730022 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website ? www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval