Tool and Die Engineer
Job ID: JOB-11437
The In-Die Engineer is a key member of the PEMSERTER® In-Die team whose main role involves:
- Design and development of PEMSERTER® In-Die tooling and systems
- Support of PEMSERTER® In-Die tooling installs and system commissions
- PEMSERTER® In-Die office responsibilities including the creation and maintenance of documents and systems to ensure that our products are designed, manufactured & assembled to the correct standards and by the correct process
- Communication – verbal and written, externally with customers & distributors and internally with sales, operations, engineering, quality, purchasing etc
- Mechanical engineering aptitude
- Electrical/electronic engineering aptitude
- Technical drawing skills
- Documentation control
- Accuracy and conscientiousness are necessary for success in the role
- Ability to work with minimal supervision – setting priorities & time management
- Confident and competent communicator, verbal and written – with management, external sales, distributors, customers etc.
- Confidence, ability and consent to travel throughout Europe – conceivably frequently and at short notice
- Project management, including:
- Data sheet evaluation, preparation of costings/quotes, tool design, die review/feedback, managing the manufacture, assembly, testing, packaging & dispatch of In-Die systems and supporting tool installation and system commission.
- Responsible for multiple projects at any one time
- Create & modify drawings as necessary and maintain relevant documentation
- Maintain the PEMSERTER® In-Die workshop/tooling preparation area to a high standard.
- Stock management of PEMSERTER In-Die parts, ensuring adequate stock levels are maintained to fulfil customer requirements
- Add and maintain parts on JDE:
- Bills of Materials
- Product Masters
- In-Die tool projects:
- Generate Work Orders
- Issue material
- Assemble and validate tooling
- Assign design, assembly and packaging hours to close out work order
- Create & modify procedures & work instructions whilst maintaining documentation control
- Identify opportunities to improve efficiency / reduce waste
The above list is not exhaustive, the duties and responsibilities highlighted in this job description are indicative and may vary over time due to business demands. Employees are expected to undertake other duties and responsibilities relevant to the nature, level and scope of their role.
Tools of the job: Autodesk Inventor, JDE, ECN Database, GQMS Database
- Engineering qualification – discipline flexible
- Mechanical Engineering aptitude
- Electrical/electronic Engineering aptitude.
- Fluent in English language, both written and verbal (German could also be advantageous)
- Familiar with CAD packages such Autodesk Inventor, ProE or other
- Maths and organisational skills
- Computer skills are required, particularly the ability to use spreadsheets and databases; ability to use presentations (MS PowerPoint) is also necessary
- Experience in a press shop environment would be advantageous
- Some travel, predominantly within Europe but potentially further afield, should be expected from this position. Candidate must be willing and able to travel, at short notice, as and when necessary
For further information on this In-Die Engineer role in Galway please contact Ciaran Fahy on 087-4108620/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Job ID: JOB-11533 Senior Control Systems Engineer Our client, a leading pharmaceutical company are currently sourcing a Senior Control Systems…
Job ID: JOB-11520 Packaging Engineer My world leading medical technology client are recruiting for a Packaging Design Engineer for a…
Job ID: JOB-11519 My client a leading pharmaceutical manufacturer of both medical and pharma products is recruiting for a QP…