Tooling Manufacturing Technician
Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Tooling Manufacturing Technician for their site.
- Part of core team to respond to equipment, yield and process related issues, implement corrective and preventative actions to eliminate repeat instances
- Work with Manufacturing Engineers in developing, trouble shooting, standardising and improving existing production methods and procedures. A strong focus will be on supporting core polymer processes with prime focus on Injection Moulding and Extrusion from a tooling perspective.
- Take a lead role in investigating and implementing new methods, optimisation of existing tooling design & materials, implementation of rapid changeover (SMED) principles, improved storage and handling systems.
- Perform advanced troubleshooting and maintenance on Hot Runner systems.
- Maintain a critical spares inventory for key tooling related maintenance items to minimise downtime.
- Take a lead role in tooling design, sourcing and documentation.
- Perform tooling & equipment qualifications, including report writing etc.
- Educate & train the broader process technician and product builder population in relation to best practices for handling, changeover and storage of tooling, and implement systems to establish this as everyday practice.
- Design, specify, manufacture, test and document production equipment, changes and improvements.
- Interface with a variety of BSIL personnel and with outside vendors when necessary while performing the above.
- Take responsibility for preventative maintenance procedures with an assigned process or area.
- Communicates any concerns about work process regarding environmental impact, health or safety issues to their Manager.
- Requires Certificate / Diploma (HETAC 6/7) and / or Senior Trades qualification, ideally in Polymer/Materials Engineering or equivalent.
- Expert knowledge of tooling materials, tooling design analysis, handling & storage.
- Expert knowledge of Injection Moulding and Hot Runner systems.
- General manufacturing processing knowledge with at least 2 years previous experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Good technical capabilities, communication skills, teamwork abilities and initiative.
- Proven ability to work well both as part of a team but also able to work on own with minimum supervision.
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval