Due to continued expansion of their operations, our client now requires a qualified and experienced Toolmaker. This is a permanent position with a competitive salary based in Galway.
- Set up and operate all toolroom equipment, manufacture machine tool components.
- Manufacture and inspection of optical mould tooling using high precision CNC machines and metrology equipment.
- Manufacture machine components and fixtures to specified high precision tolerances.
- Work closely with QA and Manufacturing personnel and ensure all quality standards are maintained.
- De-bug component faults and resolve in a prompt fashion
- Carry out manual machining activities in toolroom as required
- Work effectively with all team members to assist in the continuous improvement of systems and processes and ensure best practice is consistently applied.
- Operate and maintain production equipment and tools correctly whilst ensuring health and safety of self and others.
- Assist in design and fabrication of tooling and components, in parallel with defining and documenting key dimensions.
- Assembly of complex machine tools and components without supervision.
- Final fit as well as retrofit close tolerance machine tool components as required.
- Qualified Toolmaker from accredited third level institution
- Post apprentice experience of 2 years operating in a machine shop is desirable
- Experience in the medical device industry is an advantage
- Demonstrable knowledge and ability to develop creative solutions to problems
- Attention to detail when inspecting and documenting key dimensions.
- Performs complex, high precision developmental and prototype machine work requiring an exceptional degree of skill and versatility
- Must be able to work as part of a team and adhere to quality systems requirements
- Proactive with ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Flexible in approach to work with excellent communication skills.
For further information on this Toolmaker role in Galway please contact Tommy Mckeown on 086 0100903 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/