Our client, a medical device company in Roscommon are currently looking to recruit a toolroom supervisor for their site.
The primary function of the Toolroom Supervisor is to coordinate activity in the toolroom to support Operations/Engineering Depts. The person will be expected to ensure all tooling is maintained to a high standard and available to meet business needs.
Purpose of Position:
The primary function of the Toolroom supervisor is to coordinate activity in the toolroom to support Operations/Engineering Depts. The person will be expected to ensure all tooling is maintained to a high standard and available to meet business needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement & maintain process to ensure tool cleaning/maintenance activity is appropriate for extrusion process and is not reducing tool life
- Ensure tool cleaning process is efficient and executed to meet the daily plant schedule.
- Provide training to Toolroom staff and encourage personal development with tool making skill progression
- Develop acceptable tolerances for tooling and implement systems to identify noncompliance and facilitate the replenishment of same tooling with no impact to production scheduling.
- Develop tooling designs with engineering to a customer specification
- Manufacture New tooling in house where machine capability is available and coordinate external toolmaking vendors where required
- Support/Drive Lean initiatives in particular SMED
- Participate with teams in root cause investigation teams
- Identify and recruit new employee as business needs.
- Carry out tooling alterations to NPI and standard tooling in both preventative and reactive manners to support Engineering/Manufacturing requirements.
- Support the fast turn tooling prototype business
- Ensure all systems and policies comply with Vention Quality standards
- Compliance to Tooling Preventative Maintenance program
- Provide training to other Depts. to best practices when working with tooling
- Take responsibility of all Toolroom equipment with respect t to Maintenance and H&S
- Monitor and report area performance through KPI's
- Toolmaker should have completed a craft apprenticeship in Toolmaking with 5 years toolmaking experience. Extrusion toolmaking experience preferable.
- Experience in CNC programming, Solidworks and CAD/CAM software.
- Experience of the application and understanding of Problem solving techniques
- Self-starter with good inter-personal skills.
- Practical level-headed individual who is prepared to actively participate as an active member of the team.
- The ability to troubleshoot process and equipment in a logical manner to resolve the issues.
For further information on this Toolroom Supervisor role in Roscommon please Aoife O Reilly contact on 091730022 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval