Training and Development Lead
Our client, a manufacturing company in Cork are currently looking to recruit a Training and Development Lead for their site.
Objectives of Position:
- To co-ordinate the development and implementation of the site training strategy and policy.
- To act as Primary Resource & Expert in providing a comprehensive and proactive service, focused on the achievement of the company’s strategic HR & Training objectives.
- Assure ongoing compliance with quality and industry regulatory requirements
Health & Safety:
- Ensure compliance with Health & Safety Legislation and Regulations.
- To ensure the site Training Policy addresses both the needs of the business and individual employee developmental needs, and adheres to regulatory requirements.
- Compliance to corporate training standards.
- Ownership for the development of the annual plant-wide training needs analysis (Training Plan).
- To ensure comprehensive skills management matrix exists for all functions.
- To ensure that all training delivered is cost effective, within budget and tailored to the needs of the business.
- Ensure an effective training evaluation system is implemented and utilized.
- Co-ordinate and manage ad hoc development needs for individuals, teams and the business.
- Shared responsibility with HR to ensure all new hires undergo induction.
- Partake and ensure success for T&D function during all site audits (internal & external)
- Records Maintenance: Individual Training Files, Training Evaluations, Certifications etc.
- Commercial Responsibilities: Source, recommend, price negotiations and selection of all external training partners. Compile and ensure compliance with T&D budget.
- Team Management/Development: Direct responsibility for the management, performance and development of all site Training department personnel, relevant KPI’s identified and developmental strategies for each report.
- Training Plan: Presented for approval by week 2 each January
- Skills Management: Matrix developed yearly per function.
- Effectiveness: Min. 95% of all training completed effective per evaluation process.
- Budget: 100% adherence
- Audit Success: Min. PASS ratings during all audits.
- Relevant 3rd level qualification in Training and Development
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience in the design and implementation of training strategies within a manufacturing and or regulated environment.
- Proven people management/ leaderships skills.
- Accredited to CIPD or IITD
- Technical background in an electro/mechanical environment.
- Formal people management training.
For further information on this Training and Development Lead role in Cork please contact Maureen Ferguson on 0860462367/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval