Telephone: 087 4108620
Training and Development Manager, EMEA
Our client, a medical device company in Galway is currently looking to recruit Training and Development Manager, EMEA their site.
This position reports directly into the Marketing Team - EMEA Commercial Organisation of the company. The person will work closely with the sales and marketing leadership to design, deliver and evaluate training programs targeted at improving commercial performance and salesforce excellence across the region. The scope includes both direct sales and marketing staff, as well as the staff of our distribution partners in our indirect channels across the region. The person would also have a role to play in providing guidance and input into customer training delivery.
Location would ideally be in Galway/Dublin, Stockholm, Paris or Cologne but there is flexibility for the right candidate. Relocation would not be necessary.
Doing so will require;
- Implementing professional competences in salesforce excellence that shall be agreed by the commercial leadership
- Developing, writing and delivering aligned company-specific education programs and training materials that ease and accelerate individual learning cycle and consequently facilitate sales people performance and goals’ achievement.
- The ability to be “hands-on” where required, in a role which will require a strong willingness to collaborate across teams and build relationships with key stakeholders.
- Strong communication skills across a large and diverse geographic region. The ability to influence across a matrixed environment.
- Willingness to work closely with our indirect partners across EMEA to enable them to grow
Responsibilities and Duties
- Oversee Salesforce Excellence initiatives across the region using incumbent sales methodologies e.g. Miller-Heiman.
- Apply corporate strategic products’ training in the division and make sure it is implemented efficiently within the EMEA region.
- Implement professional learning & education methodologies (content and resources) which are adaptable to meet the changes and dynamics of the market.
- Create a learning environment that is positively impacting sales force mind set and behaviours – and consequently goals’ achievement and sales effectiveness - through the following actions:
- Conduct research in the field to diagnose the implementation of skills & knowledge acquired in training,
- Monitor performance indicators to ensure the ROI of the training programs
- Report to stakeholders as required
- Enable the commercial leadership to act as coaches and multipliers of a culture of constant learning, using metrics and learning methodology
- Manage all external training vendor relationships
- Drive improved commercial execution through management of the regional commercial sales and service training strategy.
- Develop, implement and facilitate a variety of sales and product training programs, and manage sales certification for both direct and indirect staff.
- Perform training needs assessments and evaluate program quality, and partner with the Sales and Marketing Leadership team to continuously improve training courses.
- Manage internal resources and external vendors to ensure robust program development, implementation and pull-through across the commercial organization.
- Manage training KPIs and ensure adequate reporting and transparency on Training activities in the Region.
- Collaborate with global organization to develop training strategy & solutions; ensure regional/country localization/customization, language & infrastructure.
- Provide input and support where necessary in the design and delivery of end-customer training programmes and material
- Participate in the development of others by facilitating training and providing guidance.
- Exercise independent judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining desired results.
- Plan, organize and drive executions of project assignments of substantial variety and complexity, with schedules and milestones.
- Provide significant and positive impact to short- and long-term organizational goals.
- Implement the strategy, process and programs for commercial skill development programs.
- Ensure all logistics required for training delivery is executed at a high standard. In many cases, logistics may be the responsibility of this person.
- There may be times when the person will be required to deliver basic training on the product portfolio. Adequate training will be provided in advance but a willingness to learn is important.
• Foster compliance throughout all activities and interactions
• Travel up to 50% of the time domestically and / or internationally to support training programs
- Internal: European sales and marketing leadership, cluster commercial heads, sales managers, marketing managers, global product managers/directors, scientific affairs, application specialists
- External: Key opinion leaders or subject matter experts
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required in cognitive or biological sciences, or other related field.
- At least 5-8 years’ industry experience with ideally 4 years + of relevant work experience in the diagnostic, med-device or pharma markets.
- Familiarity with diagnostic industry practices, especially with markets relevant to infectious diseases products’ lines.
- Robust experience in developing and implementing training programmes
- Proven experience developing and conducting training programmes / materials,
- Proficiency in instructional design, adult learning, presentation, active learning cycle and facilitation skills
- Ability to clearly, concisely and accurately convey communications, in writing and verbally.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, from writing to presenting.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and competing demands.
- Ability to develop interpersonal, professional relationships; display socially and professionally appropriate behaviour; lead and influence without authority.
- Ability to think and act strategically; with initiative for problem-solving
- Sense of urgency and action oriented to work independently and in group
- Experience with or exposure to various types of databases and other computer software and sales training tools
- Must be comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Autonomous decision-making and the ability to work on own initiative
- English fluency and preferred European language skills would be beneficial (Spanish, French, German, Italian).
- Travel estimation of up to 50%
Required behavioural & Skills:
- Acts and behaves ethically and professionally
- Balanced mix of strategic and tactical focus (hands on/hands off)
- High level of comfort interpreting and communicating complex sales and scientific (/ products) information
- Positive mind set and collaborative attitude to bring down barriers for goals
- Skilled and experienced training professional or relevant and applicable experience in a commercial organisation
- Good knowledge of managing numerous stakeholders
For further information on Training and Development Manager, EMEA role in Galway please contact Edel on 087 4108620 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.