Our client, a Manufacturing company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Training and Development Specialist for their site in Galway, Cork etc.
A key component of this new role is to build a training and development programme and strategy which will ensure that our client have the necessary personnel with appropriate skills and competencies to meet the challenges of the next 5 to 8 year period of planned growth.
Development of this training and development programme will also ensure that current and prospective employees recognise our client as an employer who provides individuals with clear opportunities for career development and progression. This will consequently increase overall company morale, efficiency, innovation and productivity.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Analyse, Design, develop and implement training and development programs designed to support business growth.
- Identify requirements to ensure that management, leaders and top talent, develop capabilities to succeed in line with business objectives.
- Support the continuous improvement of training and development programs by keeping up to date with best practices.
- Develop, deliver and evaluate the effectiveness of all training programmes delivered to support the business.
- Support succession planning for the business by pro-actively seeking opportunities to develop employee skillset and expertise through external training and information sources.
- Ensure training criteria is defined and adhered to.
- Carry out an analysis of training within the organisation (e.g. needs analysis, structure, etc.) and look at developing a training plan that best meets future business needs.
- In conjunction with the company?s performance review process, identify skills gaps and training and development needs of the business.
- Liaise with managers/team leaders on all matters relating to training and development issues.
- Provide HR manager with training performance and budget reports as requested.
- Design plant-wide KPI metrics for training & development (appropriate for different levels) and have reporting systems supporting these metrics.
- Establish an up-to-date database of leading/credible training authorities, and what they have to offer.
- Support planning of training. Co-ordinate individual and group programmes to achieve maximum impact at appropriate costs.
- Co-ordinate training and development activities in conjuntion with company funded programmes.
- 5 years proven experience in the development and implementation of training and plans.
- IITD qualification or degree in training and development, human resources, or related discipline
- Proven experience in working in a dynamic and challenging environment.
- Six Sigma experience an advantage.
- Self-motivated with excellent customer service and strong working/team building relationship skills.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations, trainings and to set own high standards of performance and in delivering desired results.
- Excellent analytical skills and experience in identifying improvement opportunities, generating ideas, and implementing solutions.
For further information on this Training and Development Specialist in Galway please contact Valerie Lenihan on 091730022 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our CCP Recruitment website ? www.ccprecruit.ie
Please Note: CCP Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.