Telephone: 087 4108620
Our client, a medical device company in Galway is currently looking to recruit an Training Specialist
Specialist for their site.
- Partner with the business to learn and understand the business, the critical competency and skills requirements and the specific training challenges to be addressed.
- Based on this understanding, define a competency framework against which employees can assess themselves and use as a career development tool.
- Manage the completion of an annual site Training Needs Analysis (TNA) and analyse the results to understand the needs of the business and employees.
- Gather and analyse employee personal development needs and ensure the completion of quality personal development plans (PDP).
- Coach and mentor managers so that they can directly address the development needs of their employees.
- In conjunction with the company’s performance review process, identify skills gaps and training needs of employees and the business.
- Gather, collate and analyse information from business inputs, performance reviews, TNA and PDP to support the development and implementation of a site Training Strategy to compliment and drive the business forward.
- Obtain approval for the site Training Strategy and be accountable for delivering on it.
- Build an internal network and actively work with internal subject matter experts to extract existing skills, knowledge and expertise. Create a database of such content and co-ordinate the ongoing approach to gathering, documenting, socialising and delivering this with employees.
- Research, develop, deliver/co-ordinate and evaluate appropriate training techniques, tools and approaches to meet the business needs e.g.
- New Employee Orientation
- Effective Teamwork
- Communication Skills
- Team Leader Development
- Customer Service/Care Skills
- Coaching/Mentoring initiatives
- Performance Management and Personal Development
- Lean/6 Sigma Training
- Problem Solving & Decision Making
- Project Management
- Technical Training
- IT Skills
- Quality/Regulatory Training e.g. Audit Readiness; Medical Device Regulations & Standards; Technical Report Writing etc.
- Ensure all learning is captured internally to support the development of a learning organisation.
- Schedule regular internal knowledge sharing sessions ensuring this knowledge is shared, understood and used.
- Support personal and career development and succession planning by pro-actively seeking opportunities to develop the employees’ skillset and expertise.
- Manage and co-ordinate the training schedule as per the agreed strategy.
- Source external providers and manage the tendering process.
- Establish an up-to-date database of leading and credible training authorities/providers, and what they have to offer.
- Evaluate training delivery outcomes to enable continuous development and improvements of training solutions.
- Support the continuous improvement of training programmes by keeping up to date with best practices.
- Design plant-wide KPI metrics for training (appropriate for different levels) and have reporting systems to support these metrics including but not limited to: time spent on training, people who attended, budgetary spend, feedback on training etc.
- Provide updates on training performance and budget reports as requested.
- Manage the Further Education funded process.
- IITD/CIPD qualification or degree in Education, Training, HR or related field.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the identification, development and implementation of training initiatives, preferably within the Medical Device Sector.
- Proven experience in working in a dynamic and challenging environment
- Well established networking and customer service skills
- Self-motivated, independent and ability work on own initiative
- Six Sigma experience is an advantage
- Excellent research, analytical skills and reporting skills with experience in identifying improvement opportunities, generating ideas, and implementing solutions
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Advanced MS Office skills and strong systems experience
- Strong written, oral communication and presentation skills with the ability to deliver training confidently across the organisation
- Ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships across the business
For further information on this Training Specialist role in Galway please contact Edel Kelly on 087 4108620 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.