Transport Data Monitor
Our client, in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Transport Data Monitor for their site.
- This person organises the start-up of the shift checking that drivers and crews are in place and that their vehicles are on-line and are sending data to the central office.
- This person checks data that comes directly from our vehicles and notifies other team members of any issues that need to be resolved or actions that need to be taken.
- This role will suit someone who is a good communicator, can maintain good relationships with our crews and staff and can respond quickly and decisively where required.
- Ensure communications between RCV fleet and back office are always online
- Work with staff, drivers, mechanics, and service providers to resolve problems where the operational dashboards show that data is missing or incorrect
- Work with drivers, mechanics and other staff members to establish the reasons for invalid lifts and system overrides
- Compare data on weights collected by RCVs with data on Weighbridge weights and investigate any discrepancies
- Review statistics on the number of lifts per truck per day, invalid lifts with bin IDs, numbers of bins with no chips, etc., and inform Transport Manager of discrepancies
- Assist in the development of problem-solving tools to consistently eliminate problems
- Assist in development of a route optimisation plan to increase lifts per kilometre and reduce costs
- Investigate discrepancies between data on weights collected by RCVs and RCV weights going through the weighbridge and make recommendations
- Carry out administrative functions for telemetry systems. Maintain contact with these service providers to ensure continued RCV service through problem identification.
- Operate Map software to maintain route trackways, updating customer bin location and numbers on routes. Create new routes and/or trackways, add new customer locations and providing this information to staff in transport other departments. (Full training will be provided)
- Administer vehicle video systems ensuring data recovery from our vehicles, organise and maintain a system for scheduling downloads from all vehicles to ensure that data loss is minimised
- Assist staff with video retrieval through both live and recorded media.
- Carry out other miscellaneous duties as required by the transport manager
For further information on this Transport Data Monitor role in Galway please contact Maureen Ferguson on 0860462367/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval