Our client in Galway are looking to recruit a Transport Planner for their site.
Job Purpose as a Transport Planner:
As a Transport Planner you will be scheduling, and co-ordinating company fleet, drivers and crew members.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Become a key member of the transport team
- Operate closely with the fleet manager and maintenance manager to manage availability of vehicles and drivers to meet service requirements.
- Merge customer requirements and driver/vehicle availability with daily and weekly transport plans and communicate with all parties to ensure sufficient capacity and flexibility.
- Monitor and assist compliance with transport regulations, including tachographs, driver’s hours, licence & CPC, vehicle safety checks.
- Schedule and coordinate drivers and crew members based on forecasted peak business levels. Maintain adequate staffing level of qualified, experienced drivers and crew members.
- Communicate professionally, effectively and assertively with team members, drivers and crew to harness good working relations
- Check crews are compliant with site agreements, health and safety standards and defect reporting.
- Sending updates to drivers as necessary
- Inputting jobs onto transport management systems
- Ensure company procedures and quality service are maintained always
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in transport planning/scheduling role
- Ability to work under own initiative with strong motivational skills
- Strong communication interpersonal skills
- Transport management CPC is desirable
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Telematic Systems
- Strong team player, Customer Focused
- Be self-motivated and ambitious and enjoy working in a busy environment.
For further information on this Transport Planner role in Galway please contact Vanessa Lynch on 0860462367 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval