Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Treasury Accountant for their site.
What Will I Be Doing
- Maintain and further develop best in class treasury processes, procedures, systems and control environment.
- Lead cash management capability for AIL managed entities.
- Undertake day to day Back-Office treasury operations in line with approved treasury policies, procedures and controls.
- Ensure all FX deals are correctly accounted for on the Treasury Management system - resolve all discrepancies.
- Report monthly on all Treasury activities to the Financial Controller.
- Preparation of cash forecasts and identifying excess cash in entities managed by AIL for repatriation to the US.
- Manage the banking relationship including user profiles with HSBC and local legacy banks.
- Perform month end close for Treasury and preparation of cash variation memo's as required.
- Assist in preparation of financial instruments section of year-end financial statements, manage the external audit process and liaise with Auditors.
- Support corporate financial planning projects
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time
What Do I Need
- Accounting or treasury qualification with 5 to 7 yrs. experience operating in a similar environment
- Experience in business banking e-trading platform, Salmon Treasury Management System and Bloomberg an advantage
- Excellent understanding of accounting standards and their application to treasury instruments
- Excellent analytical & Financial Modelling Skills
- Highly organised with an ability to work to tight deadlines and on own initiative
- High degree of professionalism essential at all times
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential
- Occasional travel may be required
- Language skills and advantage
For further information on this Treasury Accountant role in Galway please contact Jenny Dore on 0860449371 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval