- This position is critical to the overall running of the site Utilities/Facilities operation and is involved in the overall lifecycle of capital assets (designing, delivering, operating, maintaining, and decommissioning) in the most productive and cost-effective manner
- The Utilities Engineer supports the preventive and predictive maintenance/calibration programs, manage maintenance line support, manage/support the department and plant maintenance budgets, coordinate plant shutdown assignments, provide capital project input and support as well as overseeing the maintenance resources necessary to assure the production plan is met and/or exceeded while maintaining a zero-incident safety mindset, teamwork attitude and excellent customer service.
- Coordinates/Development/monitors activities the Maintenance Excellence program.
- Reviews plans and monitors status of implementation for those people assigned to effort; participates in site assessments.
- Estimates and coordinates resources needed (materials, budget, time and people) to accomplish assigned individual tasks.
- Understanding of Basic Instrumentation and work with Instrumentation group to ensure calibrations are performed without issue and any investigations are carried out through the site deviation/change control program
- Work with Engineering Manager to ensure Elastomer Change Out is performed on Utilities Equipment as scheduled through the CMMS system.
- Participates in economic analysis and feasibility studies. Jointly responsible for achieving financial targets in support of business objectives.
- Supports the start-up of new facilities/Utilities in the development of their maintenance strategy.
- Act as the SME (Subject Matter expert) on all Utilities/Facilities Equipment across the site
- Liaise with the Engineering Shift team daily to review equipment performance on all Site Utilities Systems
- Supports the start-up of new facilities/Utilities in the development of their maintenance strategy
- The Utilities Engineer will deputise for the Engineering Manager in such cases as per the job specification but is not limited to the job specification.
- Provide a centralized, strategic look across equipment performance (downtime), material/component failure analysis, and changeovers (Methods- FMEA, Fishbone/Six Sigma/DMAIC Principles)
- Improves maintenance processes. Recognizes and implements process improvements and cost reductions; creatively applies others’ ideas.
- Leads root cause analysis for equipment downtime.
- Develops and executes reliability studies and evaluations of equipment robustness.
- Working with automation resources on site to ensure systems are prepared to allow site testing to proceed/liaise with Automation on development of Site Strategy on Utilities Equipment
- Working to ensure subcontractors documentation are produced to site standards and to ensure a smooth transition from commissioning to qualification when required.
- Works with all functions within the site operation-QA, QC, Manufacturing, Supply Chain and Finance.
Educational / Technical Requirements:
- B.Eng or B.Sc. degree in Engineering or Life Sciences discipline •Minimum of 2-3 years Validation experience in a regulated (FDA/ISO) Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical or Medical Device GMP Manufacturing Environment.
- Utility design experience
- Strong knowledge of electrical and control systems
- Familiarity with appropriate design codes
- Experience with CMMS Systems-Pemac/Infor/Maximo and SAP Experience working within a HSA Regulated environment
Job Skills / Experience:
- 10 + previous experience in a similar role
- Excellent knowledge of industrial utility systems
- Development of project time plans and costs
- Capital cost development experience
- Previous experience working directly with clients
- Previous experience working to tight deadlines •Work closely with Shift team to achieve Utilities goals in a 24/7 Production Environment.
For further information on this Utilities Engineer role in Westmeath please contact Anne - Marie Fox on 087 2197421 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.