Telephone: 086 0449473
Our client, a medical device company in Cork are currently looking to recruit a Utilities Lead for their site.
The Utility Lead is responsible for actively participating in the Tier process to manage Engineering projects and proactively resolve utility issues before they impact the business priorities.
- Lead and provide ongoing coaching and support to the Clean and Black Utility (including the waste water treatment plant) team in resolving operational issues.
- Be an active participant within the Facility Engineering team sharing Engineering best practices.
- Ensure supply of high quality product through equipment availability, maximise performance of Utility equipment and identify / implement continuous process improvement initiatives.
- Sound Engineering stewardship, staffing resource planning, maintenance scheduling and control e.g. shutdown activities, vendor management, change control, Budget control.
- Ensure highest Quality & Compliance standards.
- Attending daily Tier meetings and follow-up.
- Management of day to day operations of Clean / Black utilities including Waste water treatment.
- Coordination of Utility resources, including work planning and scheduling of activities, including training, up skilling and coaching.
- Completes weekly reviews of Utility and Waste water treatment performance and ensures Utilities follow-up actions are completed.
- Coordination & implementation of Equipment reliability and Performance program.
- Plays a key role in energy management on site.
- Responsible for investigating EHS Incident Reports, Quality Incidents and attending and responding to relevant HazOp
- Studies and completion and follow-up of specific risk assessments.
- System owner for Utilities such as Compressed gases, WFI etc…
- Responsible for representing utilities for both internal and external and external audit inspections.
- EHS Standard Owner and SME for assigned standards.
- Delegates for the Facility Management and Utility Lead as required.
- Provide Engineering expertise within the Technology Department covering a wide range of projects such as the introduction of new equipment, continuous improvement to existing processes etc.
- Responsible for supporting a culture of Continuous Improvement by deploying Six Sigma tools within the Utility area by deploying Six Sigma tools such as: OEE, TPM, MTBR, MTTF, problem solving, energy reduction and Lean principles.
- Demonstrated knowledge in more than one pharmaceutical and/or chemical manufacturing operation (e.g. Engineering, Manufacturing, Process etc.).
- At least five years’ experience in the Pharmaceutical industry or a similar operating environment with experience in a supervision of clean and black utilities as well as Waste water treatment plant operations
- Knowledge of and experience in applying Lean Six Sigma and Lean methodologies and Engineering excellence.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with a continuous improvement focus.
- Project Management Experience leading projects
- Degree or 3rd level qualification (Engineering: Production, Mechanical, Marine, Process, Industrial)
- Evidence of Continuous Professional Development.
- Six Sigma Green Belt or equivalent.
- Desirable project management qualification such as Project Management Professional etc.
- Previous experience at managing teams with responsibility for clean/black utilities or waste water treatment operations.
- Process and technology background: the successful candidate will understand how to drive optimization.
- Demonstrated ability in holding project team members responsible for results and being decisive about non-performers.
- Demonstrated ability to realize improvement initiatives.
- Demonstrated successes in a team environment, such as project teams, Six Sigma team, PITs etc.
- Demonstrated high level of problem solving and facilitation skills.
- Advanced PC skills such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Management Systems such as PM, EHS, PRINCE, Microsoft PM Etc.
- Stakeholder management of multi decision makers, colleagues, peers and cross functional teams.
- Detailed plant and equipment knowledge of Clean / Black utilities and Waste water treatment systems.
- High level of knowledge of Safety, Quality and Environmental requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (includes ability to write standard operating procedures and work protocols).
- Ability to plan, prioritise and effectively manage time, meet deadlines and produce quality deliverables.
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval