Our client, Boston Scientific, a medical device company in Tipperary are currently looking to recruit a Validation Technician for their site.
Responsible for performing, development, modification and control of electrical lab equipment. Executes test protocols for device level DAT and DVT testing supporting CRM, Neuromodulation and Urology divisions for NPD, VIP and sustaining projects. Interfaces with Design, Operations, Quality and Process Development organizations with a view towards influencing product design for both reliability and manufacturing purposes.
- Set up and maintenance of electro-mechanical test equipment (RF, Low Voltage, High Voltage Test Equipment etc. and associated data loggers).
- Execute Electrical DAT/DVT testing and perform basic failure analysis when failures occur, interfacing with design team to provide feedback
- Continued refinement of test protocols/methods to drive efficiency improvements
- Development, modification and control of functional equipment during pre-production, validation & verification phases.
- Designing fixtures, bread boards for pacemakers, implantable cardiac defibrillators and various other medical devices.
- Writing equipment specification, technical guides, validation protocols/ reports and all supporting documentation to complete the overall equipment validation of the test system.
- Interacts cross functionally and with internal/ external customers. Serves as a consultant for engineering on scientific interpretations and provides advice on significant matters. Acts as a spokesperson to customers on business unit current and future capabilities.
- Knowledge: Solid knowledge of the job. Applies broad knowledge of general technical concepts and practices and a general understanding of product or systems fundamentals.
- Cognitive Skills: Performs routine and some non-routine technical assignments using standard methods and sequences. Performs set-up, testing, repair, inspection, and/or maintenance of all area-specific equipment, materials, systems, and/or product. Assignments require limited judgment in troubleshooting proven processes.
- Supervision Received: Close to moderate supervision. Receives general instructions on routine work and detailed instructions on new assignments.
- Consequence of Errors: Errors may be detected and corrected but may cause moderate loss of time or customer/user dissatisfaction.
- Contacts: Contacts are typically with individuals within own department and occasionally with contacts outside own organization. Contacts involve obtaining or providing information or data requiring some explanation or interpretation.
Level 7 technical qualification in electrical or electronic engineering or related discipline.
Min of 3 years’ industry experience validation experience preferable.
For further information on this Validation Technician role in Tipperary please contact Karl Lippett on 086 1070950 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval