Telephone: 086 3073779
Value Stream Leader in Galway
Our client, a medical device company in Galway is currently looking to recruit an Value Stream Leader for their site.
Reports to the Business Unit Manager, 3-4 direct reports - this person MUST come from Production/Operations
Job Description for the Value Stream Lead:
- Manages business performance for a specific value stream, in conjunction with a cross functional support team. This involves developing capacity plans / capacity analysis, managing and working to financial budgets, and setting Business Unit Goals that supports the company strategy.
- Partners with Finance, HR, Quality and Planning to optimize business unit performance.
- The successful candidate must be a demonstrated team player and people manager.
- Important aspects of the role will include providing development and growth opportunities for reports, supporting employee engagement initiatives, driving and supporting continuous improvement programs, and implementation of other business improvement programs as required.
- Additional areas of responsibility include NPI support for new projects, supporting quality goals and initiatives, and promoting customer satisfaction through service and delivery KPI's, with a strong focus on creating exceptional customer experience at every opportunity.
- The position will also be required to delegate for the Business Unit Manager as required, and act as first point of contact for business decisions, problem escalation, etc, if necessary.
- Typically a degree holder in engineering or science or alternatively demonstrated supervisory skills.
Job Responsibilities as the Value Stream Leader:
- Service - Meet customer expectations through supplying product on time, understanding customer needs and creating opportunities for Exceptional Customer Experience (ECE) where possible.
- Health and Safety focus in line with plant objectives to ensure initiatives are successful and agreed targets are achieved. This includes accident reduction and 5S+1 program success.
- Focus on Quality through complaint reduction, driving improvement in cGMP and ensuring that the business is Audit ready at all times.
- CI focus to drive and implement TEOA to achieve goals for efficiency, unit cost and quality. Delivering to the corporate STAR rating.
- Support and Lead staff selection, performance management and employee reviews, development and succession planning to ensure that a level of consistency is achieved and maintained in these areas.
- Successful management of business area and KPI's to meet output, efficiency and cost goals.
- To include reporting and analysis of weekly / monthly performance. Escalation of issues as necessary to ensure timely resolution.
- Other key business responsibilities as needed.
Key Requirements as Value Stream Leader:
- 5 + years relevant experience in a business / manufacturing environment with people management responsibility.
- A degree level qualification (or equivalent experience).
- Proven ability to lead and motivate individuals and teams.
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organisation, with excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Proven decision making ability and a demonstrated willingness to accept responsibility.
- Knowledge and experience of Lean Manufacturing, Continuous Improvement, Project Management or NPI is a requirement.
- Driver of organizational change and support for business decisions and initiatives will be an important responsibility of the role.
- Other Responsibilities as assigned.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Building Effective Teams
- Managing and Measuring Work
- Motivating Others
- Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
- SET: Strategy, Execution, Talent (for managers)
For further information on this Value Stream Leader role in Galway please contact Deirdre Finnerty on 086 3073779 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.