Value Stream Leaders plan, direct, and coordinate all aspects of the value stream and all associated processes at the enterprise level, in accordance with company objectives and operating budgets to satisfy safety, quality, cost, and delivery requirements.
• Responsible for the development and implementation of activities in production area(s) to meet production goals, quality, and cost objectives.
• Prioritizes production schedules based on product introduction, equipment efficiency, and materials supply.
• Plans and administers procedures and budgets.
• Makes budgetary recommendations on capital expenditures and direct/indirect labour.
• Selects and develops personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the production function.
• Develops schedules and manpower requirements for assigned areas
• In cooperation with the Operational Excellence Leader, works to drive the principles of the company's Operating System and maintain continuous improvement activities (Kaizen) across the value stream.
- Leads the creation of the current-state and future-state value stream maps and the implementation plan for getting from present to future. Reports progress on a regular basis to senior management.
- Recommends and implements training programs to address skill requirements necessary to facilitate internal promotions and job satisfaction to maximize productivity of production employees. As applicable, provides cross-training for production employees to ensure back-up personnel exist for all key positions.
- Exercises direct supervision over cell engineers, shift supervisors, and technicians with respect to production volume, cost and quality of production and meeting production schedules and delivery dates.
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 3rd level University qualification in Business, Engineering or a related field with emphasis in management.
- Six Sigma/Lean tools certified
- Excel, Word, PowerPoint, PeopleSoft, BPCS an advantage
- Master’s degree preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in Manufacturing or related field; preferably in a GMP medical manufacturing environment
- Supervisory Management experience (either Production, Engineering, Quality, etc.)
- As a leader, you will be expected to be a role model in exhibiting key behaviours such as Thought, People and results leadership and aligning to the company's Mission.
For further information on this Production Supervisor role in Galway please contact Fiona Keane on 086 7738651 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.