Our client, a medical device company in Galway is currently looking to recruit a Value Stream Manager for their site.
The Value Stream Manager has overall responsibility for the Value Stream in meeting its requirements in terms of Supply, Customer Service, On Time Delivery, Back Orders and Quality. Strong communication, leadership and organizational skills are essential as well as a full understanding of the manufacturing process. Provides leadership, manages daily manufacturing operations, and drives Safety, Quality, Delivery, Productivity, Compliance & Regulatory requirements and Cost Improvements that will add value to the site.
- Supports the Operations Manager in development and implementation of the Value Stream to meet the requirements of the site strategy of 015CI
- Prepares the Manufacturing Supply Plan to meet monthly demand requirements across all product families
- Variance analysis of same to update and reconcile manufacturing KPI’s
- Co Ordinate activity of all areas to ensure Manufacturing build plan is met across the site to include; Preparation of recovery plan (allocation of resources, OT schedule) and escalate to Operations Manager as required.
- Overall ownership of Maintenance Function to include Performance Mg, PM adherence, Budget prep and analysis.
- Reporting of Daily / Monthly Absorption Reports and preparing recovery plans for same
- Prepares and manages the Operational Budget for all spend within the Value Stream including but not limited to headcount, overtime and tooling to meet monthly supply plan
- Identifies areas of operations improvement in terms of Safety, Quality, Delivery, Inventory, Lead Time, Down Time Productivity and Cost.
- Promotes and uses Lean Manufacturing concepts / tools to drive continuous improvement
- Provides support and engages with the introduction of new products / ramps including the change management process, installation and validation of new equipment
- Track implementation and completion of CAPA’s applicable to the Value Stream. Ensure adequate resources are available to carry out these activities
- Manages, coaches, motivates and develops indirect manufacturing team within the Value Stream through Coaching, mentoring and identification of training needs
- Promptly deal with issues that have been escalated from Shift Leaders arising from operational, maintenance, safety, quality, training or disciplinary / grievances
- Effectively communicates and supports manufacturing and corporate objectives and provides direction on how employees contribute to the achievement of those objectives
This is not an exhaustive list of duties or functions and may not necessarily comprise all of the "essential functions" for purposes of the ADA.
Expected Areas of Competence (i.e. KSAs)
- Demonstrated ability to partner with multiple internal functions across Manufacturing, Quality, Engineering, Facilities, HR, Finance and Supply Chain Groups
- Demonstrated ability to lead and coach people leaders and develop talent internally
- Proven ability to generate operational budgets within a WCM facility
- Proven record of successful negotiations and problem resolutions.
- Creative thinking and problem solving skills to continually improve the manufacturing process.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply multiple skill sets determined by areas of responsibilities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; problem solving skills are essential.
- Operational leadership including successful Lean implementation resulting in productivity gains and the achievement of Business Excellence.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a Value Stream in daily operations and continuous improvements
- Instills and maintains a positive can-do team atmosphere within the Value Stream; holding regular team meetings and assigning team member’s tasks and coordination of support services needed outside the team.
- Work with the Shift Leaders and Group Leaders to maintain the team metric board.
- Lead by influence and negotiation with listening & leadership skills.
Education/ Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in an applicable engineering or business discipline (or equivalent experience) with 10+ years of progressive and extensive applicable work experience in manufacturing, quality, or development engineering of which 3 to 5 years include people management .
- Experience with manufacturing technologies used in the orthopedic implant industry or other highly regulated / medical device industry is preferred.
- Experience guiding and implementing change initiatives that produce greater level of innovation, quality, service, efficiency, and learning.
- Must be proficient and have experience with the following areas: capacity planning and development; budgeting for multiple profit centers; development of quality/productivity plans; new product process development; manufacturing flow analysis and implementation.
- Directed LeanSigma process improvements/implementations.
- Working knowledge of SAP and MES systems would be an advantage
Proven ability to work well as part of a team & on own with minimum supervision
For further information on this Value Stream Manager role in Galway please contact Fiona Keane on 086 7738651 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.