Value Stream Manager
Job ID: JOB-11646
Value Stream Manager
Our client a leading medical device manufacturing company is recruiting for a Value Stream Manager for their Galway plant. This role is commutable from Mayo and Clare. The Value Stream Manager has overall responsibility for the Value Stream in meeting its requirements in terms of Supply, Customer Service, On Time Delivery, Back Orders, Quality and Cost. A pivotal leadership role where organizational skills are essential as well as a full understanding of structured manufacturing management processes. The role will be responsible for the daily manufacturing operations and driving a continuous improvement culture in the areas of Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost. This role will also be a key member of the operations team responsible for ramping and transferring new products and technologies into steady state manufacturing.
- Reporting to the Associate Director of Manufacturing the role will lead a value stream within the manufacturing plant.
- Prepares the Manufacturing Supply Plan to meet monthly demand requirements across all product families.
- Variance analysis of same to update and reconcile manufacturing KPI’s
- Capability planning to ensure the resources are in place to execute the monthly supply plan.
- Developing annual budgets for labour, consumables and maintenance costs.
- Directing and managing the core production support teams to achieve output, quality and cost targets through a tier structured business management process.
- Identifies areas of operations improvement in terms of Safety, Quality, Delivery, Inventory, Lead Time, Productivity and Cost through the use of value stream mapping.
- Drive continuous improvement plans based on the value stream map using Lean Manufacturing concepts / tools.
- Responsible for ramping and transferring the introduction of new products and technologies into steady state manufacturing.
- Track implementation and completion of CAPA’s applicable to the Value Stream. Ensure adequate resources are available to carry out these activities
- Manages, coaches, motivates and develops indirect manufacturing team within the Value Stream through Coaching, mentoring and identification of training needs
- Effectively communicates and supports manufacturing and corporate objectives and provides direction on how employees contribute to the achievement of those objectives.
- Travel requirements up to 15%
Education/ Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in an applicable engineering or business discipline (or equivalent experience) with 10+ years of progressive and extensive applicable work experience in manufacturing.
- Experience leading large multi-functional teams.
- Experience with manufacturing technologies used in a highly regulated / medical device industry is preferred.
- Experience guiding and implementing change initiatives.
- Directed Lean Sigma process improvements/implementations.
- Demonstrated ability to partner with multiple internal functions across Manufacturing, Quality, Engineering, Facilities, HR, Finance and Supply Chain Groups.
- Maintain a positive employee relations atmosphere. Ensure that there is good communication and co-operation by encouraging knowledge sharing and open exchange of ideas within the site.
- Ability to manage, coach, motivate and develop direct and indirect staff applying a team approach.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and coach people leaders and develop talent internally
- Proven ability to generate operational budgets within a WCM facility
- Structured Problem Solving, Lean systems tools including value stream mapping.
- Drive continuous improvement in a regulated medical device manufacturing environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; problem-solving skills are essential.
- Instils and maintains a positive can-do team atmosphere within the Value Stream, through a culture of accountability, innovation and recognition.
- Lead by influence and negotiation with listening & leadership skills
For further information on this Value Stream Manager role in Galway please contact Deirdre Finnerty on 086 3073779/ email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Job ID: JOB-11655 Chemist (QC) My client is a Dublin-based Pharmaceutical company with sites around the world! There is a…
Job ID: JOB-11654 QC Lab Supervisor My client a leading pharmaceutical company in Cork is recruiting for a QC Lab…
Job ID: JOB-11653 HR Services-Payroll Specialist Our client is recruiting for a HR Services-Payroll Specialist join their team. This role…