Value Stream Manager
Value Stream Manager
New role required for medical device company with strong operations background.
Lean knowledge (preferably education), experience of leading and managing change. Strong people person, open and charismatic. Accountable and results focused. Process driven and focused on improvement.
The Value Stream Manager has overall responsibility for the Value Stream in meeting its requirements in terms of Supply, Customer Service, On Time Delivery, Back Orders, Quality and Cost.
A pivotal leadership role where organizational skills are essential as well as a full understanding of structured manufacturing management processes.
The role will be responsible for the daily manufacturing operations and driving a continuous improvement culture in the areas of Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost. This role will also be a key member of the operations team responsible for ramping and transferring new products and technologies into steady state manufacturing.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Reporting to the Assoc Director of Manufacturing the role will lead a value stream within the manufacturing plant.
- Prepares the Manufacturing Supply Plan to meet monthly demand requirements across all product families.
- Variance analysis of same to update and reconcile manufacturing KPI’s
- Capability planning to ensure the resources are in place to execute the monthly supply plan.
- Developing annual budgets for labor, consumables and maintenance costs.
- Directing and managing the core production support teams to achieve output, quality and cost targets through a tier structured business management process.
- Identifies areas of operations improvement in terms of Safety, Quality, Delivery, Inventory, Lead Time, Productivity and Cost through the use of value stream mapping.
- Drive continuous improvement plans based on the value stream map using Lean Manufacturing concepts / tools.
- Responsible for ramping and transferring the introduction of new products and technologies into steady state manufacturing.
- Track implementation and completion of CAPA’s applicable to the Value Stream. Ensure adequate resources are available to carry out these activities
- Manages, coaches, motivates and develops indirect manufacturing team within the Value Stream through Coaching, mentoring and identification of training needs
- Effectively communicates and supports manufacturing and corporate objectives and provides direction on how employees contribute to the achievement of those objectives
Expected Areas of Competence (i.e. KSAs)
- Demonstrated ability to partner with multiple internal functions across Manufacturing, Quality, Engineering, Facilities, HR, Finance and Supply Chain Groups.
- Maintain a positive employee relations atmosphere. Ensure that there is good communication and co-operation by encouraging knowledge sharing and open exchange of ideas within the site.
- Ability to manage, coach, motivate and develop direct and indirect staff applying a team approach.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and coach people leaders and develop talent internally
- Proven ability to generate operational budgets within a WCM facility
- Structured Problem Solving, Lean systems tools including value stream mapping.
- Drive continuous improvement in a regulated medical device manufacturing environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; problem solving skills are essential.
- Instills and maintains a positive can-do team atmosphere within the Value Stream, through a culture of accountability, innovation and recognition.
- Lead by influence and negotiation with listening & leadership skills.
Education/ Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in an applicable engineering or production or business discipline (or equivalent experience) with 10+ years of progressive and extensive applicable work experience in manufacturing.
- Experience leading large multi-functional teams.
- Experience with manufacturing technologies used in a highly regulated / medical device industry is preferred.
- Experience guiding and implementing change initiatives.
- Directed Lean Sigma process improvements/implementations.
For further information on this role please contact Fiona Keane on 086 7738651 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Value Stream Manager New role required for medical device company with strong operations background. Lean knowledge (preferably education), experience of…
Quality Operations Engineer Our client a medical device company in Galway are currently recruiting for a Quality Operations Engineer. This…
Design Assurance Engineering Manager Are you a dynamic people manager with 10+ years of Design Assurance Engineering experience and ready…