Are you a qualified accountant with a passion for Tax? Our client is a leading blue chip employer in the region and is currently expanding their Tax team and require people to join their VAT team.
Huge career potential with this role with great training provided. The role involves working with a regional team and you will be involved in adhoc projects both locally and internationally.
- Prepare VAT returns, Intrastat reports and EC Sales Listings for European affiliates
- Perform VAT account postings at month end
- Prepare monthly VAT package for review by local controllers
- Work with local controllers and third party service provider to resolve any identified issues promptly
- Build Strong Working Relationships with Local Controllers and accountants for assigned affiliates
- On a monthly basis, reconcile the balances in the VAT accounts to the VAT returns filed with local tax authorities
- Obtain appropriate supporting documentation for the reconciliation
- Create/maintain account models (templates used to define reconciliation methodology and process steps)
- Escalate any unusual items to affiliates and work closely with them to rectify any issues
- Qualified Accountant or Qualified Tax
- Experience in preparation of European VAT returns
- Strong knowledge of Indirect Taxes
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Capable of problem solving and balancing conflicting demands
Please contact Jenny Dore on 021 2066287 for a discrete conversation and to learn more.