Our client, a pharmaceutical company in Cork are currently looking to recruit a VAT Analyst for their site.
Monthly VAT reporting for European Affiliates:
- Prepare VAT returns, Intrastat reports and EC Sales Listings for European affiliates.
- Perform VAT account postings at month end.
- Prepare monthly VAT package for review by local controllers.
- Work with local controllers and other GBS departments and our third party service provider (HP) to resolve any identified issues promptly.
- Build Strong Working Relationships with:
- Local Controllers and accountants for assigned affiliates.
- Other GBS functions and leadership.
Preparation of VAT Account Reconciliations:
- On a monthly basis, reconcile the balances in the VAT accounts to the VAT returns filed with local tax authorities.
- Obtain appropriate supporting documentation for the reconciliation.
- Create/maintain account models (templates used to define reconciliation methodology and process steps).
- Escalate any unusual items to affiliates and work closely with them to rectify any issues.
VAT Accounting Quality Reviews (e.g. sample audits):
- Perform regular quality reviews on accounts reconciliations.
- Perform and complete Operational controls monthly.
- Perform root cause analysis and resolve issues.
- Deliver training as needed.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills:
- Qualified Chartered/Public Accountant or Qualified Tax Consultant
- Experience in preparation of European VAT returns, Intrastat and EC Sales Lists
- Strong knowledge of Indirect Taxes
- SAP Experience an advantage
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Attention to Detail
- Capable of problem solving and balancing conflicting demands.
- Works well under pressure.
- Language skills an advantage.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, etc...)
For further information on this VAT Analyst role in Cork please contact Jenny Dore.