Our client a global medical device MNC requires an experienced Vendor Engineering Manager for one of their sites in Galway. The role will focus on the management of, and the partnership with, key suppliers and vendors. The role of manager for the Vendor Engineering team is to manage all department activity in favour and support of the successful management of our supplier base, ensuring performance is in line with the company’s safety, ethical, quality and cost goals. This team is also responsible for ensuring that all vendors and vendor management processes are compliant with all relevant regulations, ISO 13485 and FDA quality system requirements. The Vendor Engineering Team Manager is also responsible for the management and development of the team.
Direct responsibility for the monitoring and management of the vendor supply base including;
- Management, tracking and reporting of Vendor Performance for the operation
- Facilitation of Vendor Approval/Surveillance audit process and schedule for local and global needs
- Development, benchmarking and leverage of best practice across VE process/strategy both internally and externally
- Continuous improvement across VE processes and metrics in line with targets
- Appropriate reaction to, and support of, material quality issues
- Resource allocation to agreed projects, NPIs, Initiatives, etc.
- Successful completion of agreed projects, NPIs, Initiatives, etc.
- Successful strategy for cost reduction in line with site goals
- Providing leadership, fostering teamwork, coaching for performance, mentoring for career development and development a strong pipeline of talent at all levels within the Vendor Engineering team.
- Nurturing and enhancing employee engagement through strategy and activity for Vendor Engineering function.
- Level 8 Engineering Degree in Manufacturing, Mechanical, Electrical, etc., discipline and a minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience or Masters’ degree with a minimum of 3 years prior relevant.
- 5 years’ experience in a people management role
- Lead Auditor with auditing experience
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Strong leadership and people management skills.
- Knowledge and/or experience of ISO 13485 and FDA quality system requirements
For further information on this Manager role in Cork please contact Deirdre Finnerty on 086 3073779/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.