Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Process Engineer for their site.
Summary Of Position:
Responsible for Technical/Quality evaluation of suppliers for the supply of parts to the company. Also responsible for ongoing Vendor management to ensure that all sourced parts conform to specification on an ongoing basis.
- Provide technical support to Production, Materials and Manufacturing Engineering in the event of a supplier quality problem occurring on a component
- Lead cross functional QIT's to resolve Quality issues at suppliers.
- Participate in cross functional teams to review process improvements/ optimizations at suppliers through PFMEA's and control plans.
- Complete validations, test reports and protocols.
- Continuously assess product Bill of Materials and supplier base to identify opportunities to further increase the local content while meeting/exceeding cost and quality targets
- Carry out Vendor Approval/Surveillance audits to ensure that suppliers are capable of meeting our quality requirements on a continuous basis
- Ensure that "First Articles" are carried out to verify that all parts meet their Dimensional and Functional requirements.
- Manage suppliers on an ongoing basis via regular contact, periodic audits and other methods to guarantee consistent high quality performance on an ongoing basis.
- Represent the Vendor Engineering function on Strategic Sourcing Initiatives.
- Represent the Vendor Engineering function on NPI's.
- Participate in MRB teams.
- Follow all environmental, health & safety rules and procedures and participate in safety and environmental activities in order to improve the workplace for all employees
- A suitable Engineering Degree Manufacturing, (Mechanical)
- Lead Auditor an advantage
- Strong personal initiative and strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent "hands-on" technical skills
For further information on this Process Engineer role in Galway please contact Bimi Felix on 091730022 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval