Vendor Process Engineer
Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Vendor Process Engineer for their site on a fixed term contract.
At our Vendor Engineering Department, we focus on the Technical and Quality evaluation of vendors processes for the supply of components. We look to create an environment where diversity is valued and people are encouraged to think and act creatively to continuously improve our products and services. The primary function of this role is to coordinate all the compliance activities for the Vendor Engineering group and support the Vendor Engineers in their Engineering role.
Come for a job, stay for a career!
- Liaise effectively with cross functional teams to qualify new product or process, completing validations, test reports and protocols.
- Ensure that “First Articles” are carried out to verify that all parts meet their Dimensional and Functional requirements.
- Provide technical support to Production, Materials and Manufacturing Engineering in the event of a supplier quality problem occurring on a component
- Manage suppliers on an ongoing basis via regular contact, periodic audits and other methods to guarantee consistent high quality performance on an ongoing basis.
- Lead cross functional QIT’s to resolve Quality issues at suppliers.
- Participate in cross functional teams to review process improvements/ optimizations at suppliers through PFMEA’s and control plans.
- Carry out Vendor Approval/Surveillance audits to ensure that suppliers are capable of meeting our quality requirements on a continuous basis
- Continuously assess product Bill of Materials and supplier base to identify opportunities to further increase the local content while meeting/exceeding cost and quality targets
- Participate in MRB teams.
- Follow all environmental, health & safety rules and procedures and participate in safety and environmental activities in order to improve the workplace for all employees
• A suitable Level 8 Engineering Degree Manufacturing, Mechanical, plastics/moulding etc.
• Lead Auditor an advantage
• Strong personal initiative and strong interpersonal skills
• Excellent “hands-on” technical skills
• Excellent Organisational skills.
• Excellent Communication / Interpersonal Skills.
• Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
For further information on this Manufacturing Engineer role in Galway please contact Deirdre on 086 3073779 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval