New role for a Vendor Scehduler/Purchasing Specialist to join a high volume manufacturing plant in Mayo. You will join a team of 6 people approx based in Mayo and located remotely. Ideally the candidate will come from FMCG or similar industry.
- Create, release and follow through of Purchase Orders to meet the demands of the production plan and Product Commercialization requirements.
- Follow through and monitor inbound deliveries with Suppliers, Warehouse, 3PL and QA.
- Communicate in a timely manner changes which will impact production plan by revising the delivery schedule to ensure that it reflects changes either internally or externally driven, e.g., changes in customer priorities.
- Liaise with Master Schedulers, Production Schedulers, Lab, Warehouse, Product Commercialization, Formulations and Customer Services as appropriate.
- Budget preparation.
- Ownership of MRP II / SCE measures for area of responsibility.
- Proactively identify and drive improvements in business processes.
- Dealing with suppliers in Europe and also China
- Support the Materials Review Board process by ensuring inventory levels comply with company's policy and write-offs are minimized.
- Perform adequate checks on product quality, supplier reliability to drive improvements in our cost structure and flexibilities in supplies.
- Develop existing suppliers by performing regular performance reviews on suppliers' delivery and drive improvements
PREVIOUS WORK EXPERIENCE
• Minimum of 5 years' experience in multinational organization's purchasing / Procurement function.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Excellent PC skills in Microsoft and PowerPoint.
• Preference for candidates with good working knowledge of SAP
- Preference for candidates with Food/ beverage processing or pharmaceutical manufacturing Supply Chain experience.
- Business Intelligence an advantage but not essential
For further information on this role please contact Fiona Keane on 086 7738651 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.