Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Vision Systems Engineer for their site.
Vision systems will play a major role in the consistent operation of our lines, and will also be a factor in automating manufacturing steps with greater accuracy and consistency across large volumes of product. Against the background of growing complexity with smaller work-orders and increasing volumes the technology will be vital to delivering that accuracy in manufacturing and distribution.
Key Responsibilities of the Role
- Primary point of contact within Global Engineering on all vision related technology projects
- Work closely with vendors and in-house resources to appropriately integrate vision systems into the machine controls, shop floor database(s), and HMIs
- Participate in new equipment design reviews, factory acceptance testing and in house industrialisations prior to equipment release & transfer
- Provide specialist on site support on industrial vision systems as needed throughout our manufacturing and packaging lines
- Identify process & technology improvement opportunities - research, develop and deploy systems that improve quality, customer service and drive down costs
- Participate & manage new projects related to the optimization of our vision capability
- Create and manage training manuals/modules for new and existing vision systems locally.
- Work with technicians and operators to ensure proper use of existing vision systems.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering/ Computer Engineering or 5 - 10 years equivalent technical work experience
- 2 - 5 years programming experience with Visual Basic .NET
- Ability to assimilate requirements and communicate to integrators
- Ability to identify and develop resources around the world to enable the efficient use of vision systems across all sites
- Experience with Industrial Vision Systems
- Experience with Cognex VisionPro
- Familiarity with industrial Controls systems
- Experience with MS SQL Server
- Experience putting together lighting, lensing and sensor requirements for machine vision applications
For further information on this Vision Systems Engineer role in Galway please contact Anna McGowan on 091730022 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval