Our client, a transportation/logistics company in Madrid is currently looking to recruit an VP of Finance for their site. This logistics company was founded in order to develop technologies which will make the road freight experience a smooth and efficient one for both truckers and for companies who send shipments. They are backed by French, British, German and Spanish investors, who are looking to reinvent the freight transport sector.
- Be a member of the companies management team to drive the Finance function and help set the strategic direction of the company
- Lead and manage the Finance team, including FP&A, Accounting, Treasury, and Billing/Collections
- Drive the strategic and financial planning processes for all teams (e.g., Monthly BP Reviews, Cash and Income Statement Forecasts, Annual Budget).
- Deliver the monthly budget vs. variance analysis and drive accountability by monitoring critical success metrics, and communicate actionable insights to relevant stakeholders.
- Oversee accounting/tax/audit and ensure accuracy and timeliness of the monthly accounting close
- Communicate and present financial results to external stakeholders, including shareholder updates, board updates and materials
- Lead strategic analysis of major initiatives and products to assess ROI and evaluate risk/reward
- Track the competitive landscape and new models
- Optimize cash flow and working capital and handle treasure management
- Streamline processes and tools in billing and collections to support working capital optimization
- This company is building a world class Finance function with a goal of:
- Driving our business performance and strategy
- Extending our cash runway
- Optimizing our use of financing lines to cover working capital needs
- Developing trusted investor and board relations
- Being supremely lean in process
- 10-15 years of finance leadership experience
- Experience at a venture-backed company (ideally post Series B marketplace), with VP responsibility for FP&A, accounting, and audited financials
- Experience in leading fundraising rounds alongside CEO
- Track record and references to show you are a trusted advisor and business partner. You can drive business insights, actions, and accountability across departments with a customer service-oriented attitude.
- Accomplished leader/coach and can build and manage an all-star team. You are adept at change management, defining new processes, and garnering support for strategic initiatives.
- Strong communicator and can influence inside/outside the company. You can present business plans, models, and financial forecasts to management and the investor community.
- Previous investment banking or management consulting firm experience (preferred)
- Experience implementing billing and ERP systems (preferred)
- Other relevant information
- Opportunities for personal growth and learning, every single day.
- A flat, laid-back culture. Everybody is encouraged to participate in discussions and contribute.
- High-trust environment. We believe in giving autonomy to all our employees
- Competitive compensation packages. We are looking for the very best talent, and will reward accordingly.
- Awesome offices in central Madrid, London and Paris.
- We are easily accessible by public transport, as well as close to public bike stations.
For further information on this VP of Finance role in Madrid please contact Michelle Kilcar on 0868347871 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.