Our client, a logistics company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Warehouse Clerk for their site.
- A warehouse clerk is responsible for orchestrating the movements and storage of goods in a warehouse. He might work on his own or as part of a small team in a small warehouse, or be part of a much bigger team in a large organization. Warehouses are key features of the retail and manufacturing supply chains.
- A warehouse clerk is responsible for ensuring that incoming stock is unloaded and stored correctly and safely in the warehouse. When orders come in, he locates the items needed and prepares them for loading.
- A warehouse clerk must monitor incoming and outgoing stock for obvious faults or defects and report these to a supervisor or senior manager. In addition, he must be aware if there are faults in warehouse equipment, particularly if these pose a threat to workers' health and safety.
- A warehouse clerk will use his company's handheld inventory control system to check orders against original purchase documents and ensure that shipment contents are double-checked for accuracy. The clerk might also conduct audits of warehouse stock and measure performance indicators such as time taken to fulfill an order.
- As a key part of the supply chain, a warehouse clerk typically works with drivers and other transport workers to ensure that orders are delivered. He also liaises frequently with customer service staff, often to give customers details of shipping times and delivery estimates.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite
- Able to work independently in fast paced environment
- Able to learn and perform multiple tasks in a team environment and grow into leadership role
- Individual must be organized and a self-starter
- Possess a valid driving license
- Ability to lift heavy items (up to 30 Kg)
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval