Our client, a medical device company in Mayo are currently looking to recruit a Warehouse Manager for their site.
- Responsible for the material flow process ensuring an efficient and timely movement and storage of material through the plant.
- Lead a team to achieve maximum productivity without compromising product integrity or health and safety standards.
- Adhere to and ensure full awareness of all 6S, health and safety and emergency procedures.
- Plan & execute physical inventory and data accuracy in line with the Inventory Control System
- Work as a strategic partner with all other functions within the company, ensuring a smooth and uninterrupted supply of materials to production and the distribution network.
- Develop, implement and control a plant logistics strategy with full consideration of business impact that includes resources and capacity.
- Develop, prepare & present required performance metrics for the warehouse.
- Plan and initiate improvement projects to the warehouse areas as needed to meet changing demands and requirements.
- Promote a culture of compliance, cost effectiveness, idea generation, continuous improvement and employee engagement.
- Identify training needs of staff. Develop & ensure timely execution of cross training needs and plans to ensure an efficient and functional warehouse organisation.
- Complete ongoing performance appraisals and reviews. Create opportunities to reward and recognise the team and individuals.
- Drive continuous improvement within the area.
- A Business/ Supply Chain qualification and / or a relevant third level qualification.
- 5+ years? experience in leading a warehouse function
- Successful in leading teams and building strong cross-functional relationships
- Excellent communication skills ? both written & verbal.
- Proven ability to manage a variety of responsibilities within a fast moving customer focused environment
- Proven experience in driving continuous improvement
- Experience of working within a unionised environment.
- Strong IT skills (WMS, MS Office, etc.). SAP experience desirable.
For further information on this Warehouse Manager position in Mayo please contact Bridin Quinn on 091730022 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our Hero Recruitment website ? www.hero.ie
Please note Hero Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.