Job ID: JOB-11563
This person will be responsible for the preparation of export and domestic documentation including: commercial invoices, packing lists, airway bills (courier or airfreight waybill), Shipper’s Letter of Instructions, Certificate of Origins and other documentation as required.
This person will screen all persons, companies, and freight forwarders against the Denied Parties list. Other responsibilities include but not limited to the execution and routing of customer orders with appropriate INCO Terms, carriers, freight weights and volumes to meet delivery requirements.
Track and trace international and domestic shipments and coordinate with the carrier to resolve issues delaying customer deliveries. Maintains all departmental records in accordance with regulations and record retention policies and practices. Plans and coordinates import activities, including the flow of traffic to/from foreign destinations, related customer service, brokerage and customs transactions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare all international (less than $2500) and domestic shipping documentation
- Manages and/or performs packing, data entry and shipping of domestic and international shipments
- Manages the shipment record log on a daily basis and sends daily shipping report
- Maintains compliance with federal and foreign regulations governing the shipment, receipt and documentation of exported/imported products
- Researches and resolves customer or supplier issues
- Knowledge of export and/or import trade compliance elements, e.g., Schedule B Codes, harmonized Tariff Schedules, Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), Export Classification Commodity Numbers, Customs entry process, Customs invoicing requirements, special trade program requirements, other government agency requirements, etc. (excludes ACE transactions)
- Interfaces with internal Export/Import Compliance Specialist
- Generates and maintains guidelines which detail cut-off time for specific carriers to meet daily shipments (domestic & international)
- Airfreight security
- Courier/Ground and Airfreight/Airline restrictions
- Dangerous Goods awareness
- Audits all shipping documentation to insure compliance with recordkeeping policies and procedures
- Show up to work on time and attend work as scheduled
- Some late nights and weekends are required, particularly at the end of each quarter
- Learn about company’s business as appropriate
- All other duties as requested by supervisor or department head
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. If an employee does not meet the required competency level in any area, a required development training plan will be implemented.
(Education and/or years of experience; technical and/or analytical; software or applications; department and/or position specific; internal or external certifications required)
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- At least 3 years related experience in shipping and/or warehouse operations
- Ability to follow all applicable Business Management System (BMS) processes
- Trained and received internal license for fork-lift operation and use
(Management experience required)
(Other core requirements including communication, presentation, language, math, and reasoning skills)
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Ability to compose reports and correspondence
- Ability to define problems, collects data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of basic addition, subtraction, division and multiplication of numbers is required
- Ability to use word processing, spreadsheets and electronic office tools
- Know and follow established company core values
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; to sit, stand, walk; and to talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Lifting Requirement: 25 Kg
- Lifting Limitation: 25 Kg
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Warehouse environment
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
For further information on this role in Galway please contact Ciaran Fahy on 087-4108620/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12034 Manufacturing/Process Engineer II Location: Clare Reporting to: Engineering Manager Purpose Statement The person taking up…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12033 SOURCING ENGINEER Our Client, a global leader in Medical Devices are seeking to attract a…
Job ID: JOB-11903 Recruitment Consultant HERO Recruitment is hiring a Recruitment Consultant for our Galway office. Our company is a…