Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Warehouse/Logistics Supervisor for their site.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Management of Supply Chain Interfaces with customers and suppliers.
- High-level understanding of SIOP (Sales Inventory Operations process).
- Master Data Management.
- Manage FIFO for the site.
- Manage the recycling for the site.
- Manage external moulding supplier arrangement.
- Representing the Logistics Department in customer meetings and third party audits.
- Management oversight of the Build Plan Process with the Logistics & Production Teams and managing the priorities
- Manage, lead and organise Warehousing employees through day to day supervision, ensuring roles, responsibilities and priorities are identified and clearly communicated.
- Manage, guidance , and delegation to Shipping employees daily in the delivery of a smooth Company outbound Shipping/Logistics Service.
- Continually develop both the Warehouse and Shipping teams.
- Identifying and implementing process/procedures, to ensure materials are received, stored, issued to Production, shipped and transacted within the ERP inventory control system, and as part of an overall inventory control process to achieve and maintain target an agreed target of accuracy.
- Ensuring GMP and housekeeping standards (5S) are constantly maintained at the required levels. Ensuring department procedures are kept up to date, easily accessible, training up to date, and reviewed as business circumstances change.
- Responsible for all aspects of the companies Health & Safety & Environmental policies relating to Warehouse/Shipping employees, materials handling /lifting equipment, material/waste disposal housekeeping etc. Ensuring training is up to date, PPE requirements are understood and used where necessary and as specified, risk assessments are carried out and actions completed on time.
- Providing cover in the absence of planning / shipping employees.
- 7 + years’ experience in a similar role in a busy manufacturing facility
- Qualified in Supply Chain related qualification (APICS, etc)
- Strong leadership and people management skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong team ethic, build & maintain productive working relationships.
- Ability to work across the organisation to get best results.
- Ability to multi task and work on own initiative.
- Excellent analytical /Problem Solving skills
- Ability to lead and manage change both functional and technical.
- Computer literacy /proficiency and /or ERP systems (SAP) essential.
- Previous Warehousing /Shipping related experience
- Available to travel when required to other compnay sites.
For further information on this Warehouse/Logistics Supervisor role in Galway please contact Fiona Keane on 086 7738651 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.