Contact: Aoife O Reilly
Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Warehouse Supervisor for their site.
This position performs assignments that are complex in nature where judgment is required to resolve problems and make recommendations. Supervises schedules and directs the warehouse activities to include the receiving, raw materials, transportation, finished goods, packaging and shipping departments.
- Provides project leadership as assignment from management.
- Supervises one or more warehouse activities to meet production, sterilization, delivery and customer requirements while meeting department and productivity goals.
- Assigns work per production and sales demand.
- Works with other members of the management team to establish and achieve production and profitability goals.
- Responsible for proper inventory procedures and accuracy from receiving raw material through shipping finished goods.
- Interface with purchasing and planning to ensure production schedules are met.
- Responsible for safety, 5S, maintenance and cleanliness standards in the warehouse areas.
- Reviews operational procedures and identifies opportunities to improve work processes and methods.
- Supervises Warehouse workers by:
- ?Reviewing work performed and providing feedback regarding performance.
- Coordinating work assignments, transfers, promotions and discharges in compliance with company policy.
- Interview and hires new employees.
- Maintain Time & Attendance.
- Holiday Planning
- Continuously improve warehouse operations using lean enterprise practices.
- Manage process and material flows to maximize utilization of warehouse.
- Performs other related supervision tasks, as required.
- Education and/or experience in a related field and five years of supervisory experience, preferably in a warehouse environment.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise others in a team setting.
- Analytical skills, including the ability to identify improvements in warehousing processes and procedures.
- Ability to plan and organize schedules to complete tasks accurately and timely.
- Ability to verbally communicate effectively with others.
- Ability to train employees and demonstrate tasks to assist new employees to learn correct procedures.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member to achieve goals.
- Demonstrated computer skills preferably spreadsheets, word processing, database and other applicable software programs.
- APICS qualification.
- Knowledgeable in GMP/FDA Regulatory environment.
For further information on this Warehouse Supervisor role in Galway please contact Aoife O Reilly on 091730022 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website ? www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval