Telephone: 021 2066287
Our client, a medical device company in Cork are currently looking to recruit a Warehouse Supervisor for their site.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- To Lead the Warehouse Team to achieve the required performance targets.
- People management - supervision of the warehouse team to ensure that all customer (both internal and external) metrics are serviced in line with expectations. This will be achieved through the application of an empowering style of leadership which draws fully on resources and capabilities of the team coupled with a positive Employee Relations approach.
Essentially this will embrace the following:
- Providing timely feedback and review, and ensuring all performance issues are dealt with in a constructive and prompt manner.
- Consistently applying the company's H.R. policies.
- Ensuring that all employees are treated with the fairness and respect due to them.
- Facilitating open two-way communications regarding individual, team and company performance through weekly team meetings and daily interaction on the line.
- Liaising with line trainer to develop a training program to ensure smooth operation of department, development of product builders, health & safety of personnel.
- Employee selection and hiring.
- Through policy and procedure improvement/changes, develop inventory processes to minimise risk and improve compliance in the warehouse.
- Maintaining GMP / Housekeeping at a high level within the department through the involvement of all team members.
- Cross-functional management of QA, materials, IS and HR support for the team.
- Interacting and liaising with the other manufacturing teams and Demand planning to prioritise backorders.
- Managing process and material flows, space management, to maximise utilisation of the warehouse.
- Administration duties which include Time and Attendance system, Holiday planning, Build Plan review Back Order review, Travel planning etc.
- Establish and support a work environment of continuous improvement that supports the company's Quality Policy, Quality System and the appropriate regulations for the area they support. Ensure employees are trained to do their work and their training is documented.
- Bachelor of Science / Engineering or relevant qualification.
- 3 /4 years' experience in a supervisory capacity in a manufacturing environment.
- Good knowledge of GMP/FDA regulatory requirements, housekeeping, health and safety.
- Previous experience in medical device/pharmaceutical environment would be an advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Previous experience of people-management and demonstrated ability in people motivation, organising and team building would be a distinct advantage
- Solid record of attention to detail and strict adherence to procedures
- Previous experience or working knowledge of Lean manufacturing would be a distinct advantage
- Previous knowledge of manufacturing and process improvement techniques such as Kaizen, Poke Yoke would be a distinct advantage.
For further information on this Warehouse Supervisor role in Cork please contact Ros Lomasney on 021 2066287 / Ros@hero.ie
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval