Our client, a world player providing Payments and Financial Services to the tourist and financial industry internationally is looking to recruit a Systems Engineer for its IT division based in Galway.
- The WAY4 Systems Engineer has responsibility for providing system change and analytical & operational support for the Multicurrency Platform (MCP) - WAY4, Visa Edit Package and MasterCard simulators.
- The MCP system is the strategic Acquiring processing platform, providing Authorisation, Clearing & Settlement Services.
- This role will have responsibility for maintenance and support of the MCP platform, requirements analysis and delivering the change pipeline.
Key Result Areas
- Responsibility for support of the MCP system
- Implementation of new WAY4 Acquiring / Switching modules and Business functional change
- Delivering bi-annual Card Scheme Compliance Releases
- Assist System Maintenance Activities, Change Management, and Custom Development.
- Support daily operations, implementation and testing of compliance release system changes
- Maintain business continuity service for WAY4 and supporting systems
- Provide first level internal escalation support for MCP Operations Staff
- Provide first level internal MCP User Support and Consultancy
- Deliver quality analysis documentation for WAY4 projects.
- Collaboration with development and IT teams in all integration change projects.
- Participate in the Company's Performance Management System and ensure full compliance with all policies and procedures, reporting systems and Company Values at all times.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in IT studies is required
- Must have 2 to 4 years' experience working in a Payments IT domain
- Must have experience in Switch, Clearing and Settlement payments platform
- Experience of Way4 platform or alternative Payments platform
- Must have strong technical database skills (knowledge of Oracle preferred and/or SQL server)
- Must have working knowledge of developing scripts (such as PowerShell or Visual Basic)
- Experience with end to end task management
- Must have experience developing and performing system testing for platform change
Advantageous - desirable but not essential
- Experience working with distributed IT systems
- Experience of working with Microsoft Orchestrator
- Experience with SQL Server would be an advantage
Skills & Key Competencies
- Strong analytical skills, including interpreting system needs and translating into technical requirements.
- Must be a quick learner and have a track record of identifying and solving problems.
- Must have excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Must be a team player who enjoys working in a fast growing international company.
- The ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and to be able to priorities work appropriately.
- Must have proven time management skills and the ability to deliver to tight deadlines.
- Willing to take accountability and responsibility and able to make sound decisions in a dynamic environment.
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to work under pressure.
- Must be available to travel occasionally.
- Provide out of hours support as required by IT Payments function.
For further information on this Systems Engineer role in Galway please contact Bridin Quinn on 091730022 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval