Location: Killarney, Co. Kerry, Ireland
Our client have been manufacturing cranes in their Killarney facility since 1958 and today they design, manufacture and install a complete range of rail-mounted ship-to shore cranes, container stacking cranes, rubber tyre gantry cranes and straddle carriers. Our client is now responsible for the worldwide marketing, design, manufacture, delivery, instalation and servicing of rail mounted quayside container cranes and container stacking cranes.
The Welder will be responsible for welding steel structural components and preparing them for shotblasting and painting. Produce parts to a high quality and standard, and in an efficient manner to meet production and shipping demands.
Key Elements of the Role
Responsibilities shall include, but are not limited to the following:
- Complete welding of structural steel components for the products.
- MIG / MAG welding processes.
- Follow company welding procedures and specifications.
- Use of hand held welding torches, programmable welding cars, robotic / CNC welders, air arc gougers, angle and internal grinders.
- Single pass and multi pass welds.
- Lifting and moving components.
- Adhering to quality control standards and inspections, repair of welds as necessary.
- Cleaning and dressing welds (Removing spatter, imperfections etc.) following weld completion.
- Removing defective welds and completing repairs as required.
- A recognised Metal Fabricator / Welder trade apprenticeship or an advanced welding training course.
- Applicants must be trained and coded to ISO9606, EN287 or an equivalent recognised standard.
- Experience in MIG / MAG semis automatic welding processes using CO2 and mixed gases is essential.
- Experience reading welding symbols and working in accordance with company welding procedures is necessary.
- Proven track record in the use of automatic welding plants including robotic welders is advantageous.
- Experience in the use of overhead cranes and lifting equipment considered an advantage.
- Proven experience with heavy steel construction would be considered advantageous.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience required.
For further information on this Welder role, please contact Tommy McKeown on 086 0100903 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.