We at HERO Recruitment updated our Privacy Statement as we respect your right to protect your personal information (PI) and as such are committed to complying to the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) which take effect on the 25th May 2018.
Definition of terms
CV a short written description of your personal information, education, qualifications, previous jobs, and sometimes also your personal interests which is used for the purpose of attaining a job
Candidate anyone who has contacted HERO Recruitment for the purpose of guidance or help in obtaining a new position
Client – Anyone who contacts HERO Recruitment in relation to HERO providing recruitment services to this person/company.
Who are HERO?
HERO Recruitment is an award winning Irish recruitment agency set up in 1997, previously known as CCP Recruitment. HERO Recruitment Limited is a subsidiary of CCP Recruitment Limited. We have offices in Galway, Cork and Dublin.
Hero Recruitment Limited: CRO Number 581806 - Tax Registration 3418341LH
Address: 39D Briarhill Business Park, Briarhill, Galway
Phone 091 730022
What we do (our services)?
HERO Recruitment provide services to candidates seeking employment and to clients seeking potential employees for their vacancies.
HERO Recruitment has a website which has been created to provide visitors with information about our business and the services we provide. At times information will be collected in relation to your visit to our website and this will help us to understand how visitors use our website, and allow us to change and adapt our site to reflect the needs of the site visitors.
What data we collect?
We collect data which is relevant in the provision of services relating to the recruitment process. We only collect this information when you have given us consent to have, process and use this information for the purpose of obtaining a new role or gaining career advice. It is important to note that consent can be withdrawn at any time by firstname.lastname@example.org or phoning the DPO on 35391730022 or writing to the postal address listed above. This information may include your name, address, email address, phone number, CV, links to your professional profiles, such as LinkedIn, references to verify your experience and education, your criteria for your next role , financial information should you be successful in obtaining a role and any other information required for employment purposes. When you upload your CV to our website www.hero.ie you will be asked for your explicit consent at this point.
How we use your data?
HERO Recruitment will only use your personal information (PI) for the purposes it was collected. This may include reviewing your CV against potential appropriate job opportunities and prospective employers and subsequently sharing of your CV with the aim of securing employment (with your explicit consent). Where we have your consent we may advise you of new job opportunities and services, respond to your enquiries and requests, seek your feedback on our services, improve our service offering to you. All your PI is treated in the strictest of confidence with a high level of security in accordance with the GDPR.
The legal basis that HERO Recruitment have for processing your personal information is that you will have explicitly given your consent to us. This consent can be given at the time of initially seeking HERO Recruitment’s services and can be withdrawn at any time.
How long we retain your data?
HERO Recruitment intend to keep this information for a period of 5 years from the date which you explicitly give us your consent to hold this information. Based on our experience in HERO Recruitment, our retention period is justified on the basis that managing one’s career is lengthy process and may take time to identify one or more opportunities and prepare candidates for the career transition or potential change of industry. Every individual has the right to withdraw this consent at any time and to have their personal data deleted as per GDPR legislation.
Job Alerts & Industry Updates
Where we have received your consent we may also use your information to send you job alerts, industry news as well as any events. We would also like to contact you in future to tell you about other services we provide, and ways in which you might like to support HERO Recruitment. You have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
You can unsubscribe or opt out of being kept up to date about roles as well as industry updates at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in email correspondence. We will always aim to provide a clear method for you to opt out. You can also contact us directly at email@example.com at any time to tell us not to send you any future marketing material. You have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
Subject Access Requests
You have the right to a copy of all the information we hold about you (apart from a very few things which we may be obliged to withhold because they concern other people as well as you). To obtain a copy, either ask for an application form to be sent to you, or write to the Data Protection Officer at HERO Recruitment. There is no charge for a copy of your data (as permitted by law). We aim to reply as promptly as we can and, in any case, within the legal maximum of 1 month.
In order for us to process this request we will need verification of your identity. Your rights include the following as per Articles 15-21
- Right of access. - You have the right to request a copy of the information that HERO Recruitment holds about you
- Right of rectification – you have the right to correct any inaccurate personal data
- Right to erasure – you have the “right to be forgotten” which allows for the right of the removal of data
- Right to restriction of processing –the right to restrict processing of personal data.
- Right of portability – the right to request the porting of ones data to a new service provider
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain processing activities of the data controller
Security of your personal information
HERO Recruitment takes the protection of any Data which we process very seriously. HERO Recruitment use a variety of security measures and technologies to protect the confidentiality and security of personal information. HERO Recruitment have a zero tolerance policy when it comes to the misuse of customer or client information by any of our staff as we take our obligations to protect personal information very seriously. Any breach of this trust in relation to the confidentiality of information will be treated as serious misconduct and will lead to sanctions up to and including dismissal
Sharing your data with third parties
HERO Recruitment will only share information with third parties who help us with the delivery of our service to our candidates and our clients. Any information shared will be strictly necessary for the provision of the service they help us provide. Any third party which HERO Recruitment work with and share information with will be expected to have the same standard of data protection as HERO Recruitment does and will be contractually obligated to use measures to protect this information.
Other sources of information
We may also obtain information from third parties to add to your existing user profile such as references and information from public profiles for the purposes of service delivery our candidates and clients.
Website usage information
Our website collects information in relation to how our visitors use our site. We can use this information to improve the user experience of our website.
Analytics for online visitors
Analytics which are obtained from our website typically do not identify individual users but can show us the total number of visits to our site, the total number of visitors to each page of our site among other things.
- With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plugin types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouseovers), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to give to 3rd parties who may wish to employ or engage you;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
Links to other websites
Our website may provide links to third party websites. This Privacy Statement only refers to the HERO Recruitment website and not to any third party site. By opening these links you are choosing to leave our website and you agree that HERO Recruitment are not liable for how said third party site handles your information. Please refer to the privacy statement on any third party site you access before you enter any of your personal information.
Where we store your personal data?